I know, two random lists in one week. It’s been that kind of week.
1. American Idol. So no surprises there. Lee and Crystal are the top two. I’m SO looking forward to next week. I’m positively giddy. I wish all of you Idol fans could come over and we could have a big party, but we’ll have to settle for Twitter. I’m going to try to watch it live so I can make the most of the Twitter conversation. If you’re an Idol fan, why don’t you hop on Twitter while you watch! It will be our own little party. No this is not an official sponsored Twitter party or anything; I just think it would be fun. #hatesTwitterparties
2. I got an email from Jenny of Nourished Kitchen, and she is now able to process credit card orders for those who do not have access to or do not wish to use paypal. If you’re interested in her eCourse on How to Cook Real Food, you have till May 31 to sign up.
3. And don’t forget about my giveaway for Food on a Real Budget — How To Eat Healthy For Less. That post got buried pretty quickly.
4. Tomorrow is Fashion Friday. Anyone got a topic they’d like me to discuss? I’m kind of at a loss at the moment. The only thing I can think of is bathing suits, and right now my best friend’s name is Denial. I actually picked up a new Lands End bathing suit at Sears last week before we went down to the Eastern Shore, and I’m glad I did because I did end up wearing it. My old suit I’ve had since before my 4-year-old was born, and let’s just say that a) it’s seen better days and b) I’ve seen better days. Ha. My new suit and I are a size larger and I’m okay with that.
5. I sat around this morning and read blogs instead of writing the 3 new recipe posts that I have in the works, and you know what? It was nice to read blogs. I need to do that more often. Sometimes I get so busy I forget to open my Google Reader. Which is why you should totally promote your posts on Twitter. Sometimes weeks go by that the only posts I read are those I click on from links on Twitter, or if you comment on my posts and I click over to see what you’re up to. I suspect there are many others like me. In fact, I’m quite sure of it because I get a lot of blog traffic from Twitter.
6. I’m starting a new blog and I’m so excited about it. Because I needed something else to do, dontchaknow. I am itching to get going on it but it’s taking forever to get my url. I can’t tell you more than that right now, but when it’s ready to unveil, you will be the first to know!
7. Tonight I’m going to Morimoto for a blogging event. I am SO excited. I’ve never been to Morimoto and I’ve only heard amazing things. And the event said feel free to dress up, so I’m gonna do just that. Wheeeee!
Okay. Time to wake the kids and get on with my day. Maybe I need to start getting up at 4:45 instead of 5:45. My morning me-time is never long enough.