When my new oven arrived last Thursday, I knew that I wouldn’t mind heating up the kitchen to make dinner. I had a gorgeous piece of fresh salmon just waiting to be baked. With a recipe I found on AllRecipes.com called Alternative Salmon, I set out to give my new stove a whirl.
First I sautéed the onions and garlic in olive oil and mixed them together with herb seasoned bread crumbs, mayo, and mustard powder.
I cleaned the salmon and put it on a sheet pan lined with tin foil. Salmon is one of the healthiest things you can eat. Wild is preferable to farm raised, if you can swing it. Just look at this gorgeous piece of fish.
I pressed the crumb mixture on top and popped it in my fancy new oven.
While it baked, I prepared steamed broccoli. Again, with the healthy. Broccoli is a wonder food. We eat it at least once a week.
Voila! Dinner is served.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, please!)
- 1/2 cup herb seasoned bread crumbs (I use gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 pounds salmon fillets (The general rule is 1/2 pound per person.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet, and set aside. (I lined mine with tin foil for easy clean up.)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion with garlic, salt and pepper until tender.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, and mix with bread crumbs, mustard powder and mayonnaise.
- If necessary, add more mayonnaise to achieve a paste like consistency.
- Place salmon fillets onto the baking sheet, and press the crumb mixture on the top so that it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven until salmon flakes with a fork, then broil for 5 minutes to crisp the top.
14 thoughts on “Baked Salmon”
That looks YUMMY and I love the video!
Looks great – can’t wait to try it. We eat broccoli a lot, too, but I have to work to get my kids to eat it. At least they finally will and I can feel good about getting something super-healthy into them. Thanks for the recipe!
That stove looks pretty awesome. The recipe looks yummy. I love broccoli. It looks like one I would like to try.
You are too cute!
Love this recipe.
Love the video too – you could get a job on a shopping channel!
I love Salmon, we have it as often as possible.
You make a most excellent spokesmodel. You are way too cute live!
Oh you’re totally cute!
What an awesome fancy little stove you’ve got there.
Love the oven and microwave. This is our last thing to replace in our kitchen. I will have to take a look at Frigidaire. I’ve heard a lot of bloggers getting new Frigidaire appliances lately.
The Salmon looks very good! Love salmon so much.
Whole Foods has an entire page dedicated to wild salmon recipes and the skinny on different types of wild salmon in season for summer. I follow them on Twitter.
I’m definitely going to try this recipe – looks easy and so good. I got a new Frigidaire stove this summer with the warming drawer and love it. Not only is it nice for keeping food warm while other dishes cook – you can also cook something in it at a different temperature than your regular over. And a plus for the summertime is that you can cook something, such as a pizza, in the warming drawer rather than heating up the big oven – saves on the heat factor.
I’m new to your blot but am really enjoying your nutritional information and your recipes.
I had to come back to say that we had this last night and it was REALLY REALLY GOOD. I love easy and new salmon recipes since we try and eat it once a week. I usually broil it, but the baking was a nice change. And the topping is uber-yummy. I didn’t use the seasoned bread crumbs because I’m just not a fan of oregano, so I seasoned plain ones myself with some tarragon and dill and it was awesome. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting it:)
Yum! We are on a salmon kick here. We live in Texas, so it is not fresh, but we buy frozen wild salmon. I know it is not like the fresh stuff… but it is pretty darn good.
Totally gotta try this!
Mmmmmm, I’m making this next week
Great recipe…sounds very delicious. Thanks for sharing need to try it