1. Spring came. It was lovely. And then it left. AGAIN.
2. Friday night I had a date.
It went sort like this. Friday afternoon, long about 4 o’clock, I was sitting at the computer still unshowered and wearing my favorite sweats (because that would be unexpected), planning to spend the night in front of the TV while my husband podcasted with is best friend, when who else but my husband dinged me on gmail chat.
HIM: Want to get a babysitter and go out tonight?
ME: Would that require a shower and a waistband without elastic?
ME: How are we going to find a babysitter at this late date?
HIM: Just try and see. You never know.
As it turned out, he was right, as much as it pains me to say it, so we proceeded to make plans with friends to meet up at a local pub for an impromptu double date.
Yes, I showered and stuffed myself into pants with a button and zipper. You are welcome.
3. Saturday morning I had a hair appointment and I got bangs. I was not planning to get bangs. It suddenly seemed like a good idea at the time. But as it turned out? NOT such a good idea. Because the gray? That no one seems to notice? Turns out, it’s all in the bang area. And now it’s showcased on my forehead for the world to see. GRAND.
4. After my hair appointment, I took advantage of my time alone and swung by the mall where I found THE most adorable orange flats that I told you about on Saturday. I’m planning to wear them when I meet my blogging buddy Colleen tonight for dinner if this infernal rain stops. It’s the little things, you know?
5. Saturday afternoon it was too pretty to sit inside at ye olde computer, so I hung out on the sidewalk with the neighbors while the kids played.
6. Saturday night my husband and son deserted us for the Phillies game, and Shannon took pity on us girls and invited us over for a cookout. It took me approximately 0.2 seconds to accept.
7. Sunday morning we went to church as per our usual, and Sunday afternoon we spent trying to switch all of our closets over from winter to summer even though we knew that winter would return today in earnest. I refuse to humor the winter any longer. I am done. YOU HEAR THAT, WINTER? You are dead to me.
8. So here we are. It’s Monday. It’s cold and rainy. I have a list as long as my arm of things to do. I feel like doing approximately NONE of them. And how are YOU?
19 thoughts on “Because All I Can Summon This Morning is a List”
Yea for spur-of-the-moment dates! We could use one or thirty of those around here. I got a haircut on Saturday too, and I’m still trying to decide if I love it. I might want to go back and get it even shorter. Crazy.
Sounds like a great weekend.
It was 90 degrees here this weekend. We were not prepared for this. I have to go buy my son some more shorts this week.
Bangs? Where is the picture? You know we need to see that right?
I am fabulous! It is a chilly, rainy day but it is still a good day.
I’m in DC, and today we are sharing your icky rainy weather. 🙁 It’s not fair for it to be so nice one day and then so miserable the next day.
I tried your buttermilk biscuit recipe Saturday morning (as promised) and it was SO GOOD! Best biscuits I’ve had in a long time. thank you!
Rain, rain go away!
Perhaps if we ban together we can all show Winter the way out! I, too, am ready to one seasonal wardrobe and not to!
I am also boycotting winter!! Luckily for me, the sun is beginning to peek through the clouds. Not sure how long it will last though. I want Saturday’s weather back!
oo yay for a date night! We left our kid at the grandparents for dinner out on Friday 🙂 Its chilly here today as well.. hoping that the forecast is correct and its suppose to be WARM this weekend yay!
Love the impromptu date night!
We are also DONE with winter…but alas that rain you are getting is heading this way for Tues & Weds. 🙁
So I swapped my schedule around & we are doing outside work today, grocery shopping tomorrow.
(yeah both thrilling, I know)
I am GOOD, thanks for asking!
Got to go shopping for kitchen accessories in Ikea for my new kitchen – some pics of it finally on the blog 🙂
i need a podcast guide. do you know how to do it? i’m trying to podcast our church’s sermons on our website and i got it all set up and then it sounded like a horrible screeching when you listened.
How am I you ask? How am I? Oh, that’s a dangerous question today.
How I am is 46. Today. And I don’t like it one bit. Birthdays don’t usually bother me, but this one does for some reason.
Plus, it is COLD and raining and I have nothing to do except work around my house and do laundry and be by myself all day. AND I “get” to go to a high school orchestra concert tonight. I should stop now, but you did ask!!
Winter is dead to me, too.
Chuckling over #7 – I have been waiting to switch over as well, but are still holding out b/c we too have a winter that won’t go away 🙂
Our spring vanished about 3:00 pm this afternoon. We have tickets for a minor league baseball game tomorrow night. The weather forecast does not look promising for the game. 🙁
BUT all is not lost. I found a great pair of white capris at Ann Taylor loft on Wed. I realize that white may not be the best choice when mothering 4 small children but they were only $20. How could I NOT buy them?! Now if only the weather will warm up so I can wear them!
Oh, a date sounds like fun!
I did the bang thing about 2 months ago. Not. Good.
The gray – bad. The curling up of the bangs on a rainy day. Which is only every other day this Spring – bad.
I am now growing them out. I bet you look good in them, though!
Hang in there – it’s almost the end of April! Almost Summer!
Thank for getting out! That was fun for us too on Friday night. Good way to celebrate before starting the new diet!! I want to go back shopping now — in all those cute stores.
You make me laugh. In a good way.
Really – I always look forward to your posts.
This time, my favorite line was about the pants with a zipper and button. HA! That’s exactly how I feel lately. I’m just lovin’ my yoga pants.
I’m glad I still make someone laugh. I feel like I’ve lost my humor lately. Along with my writing inspirations. I guess it will come back when something dramatic happens, and I’m not asking for THAT!