There has been a severe shortage of good memes around lately, and yall know how I loooove a meme. I seriously think I’m having withdrawal.
Well, the famine is over. I just discovered this one at It Coulda’ Been Worse. Thanks, DeeDee!
High School Spirit Meme
1. Who was your best friend? My best friend goes by “S” here on The Blob. She’s still a dear friend as well as a loyal commenter. This Throwback Thursday post is all about our friendship.
2. Did you play any sports? Oh now that’s funny. (That’s a no, in case you weren’t sure.)
3. What kind of car did you drive? I drove an adorable white compact sedan that is now extinct. It was a Subaru GL. I loved that car. It didn’t have a lot of get up and go, but it could turn on a dime and it practically parallel parked itself.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Babysitting, most likely. I did a lot of that. Or at home with S, gossiping, laughing at our inside jokes, and eating my mother out of house and home.
5. Were you a party animal? Hahaha. That’s right up there with “Did you play any sports?” Um, no. I was quite the Goody-Two-Shoes in high school.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Nope. I couldn’t flirt if I tried. I sure sound like a barrel of laughs, don’t I? I promise, I had a lot of fun in high school. Just not that kind of fun.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Yes! I was in the concert choir. I loved every minute of it.
8. Were you a nerd? Not really; I was sort of on the fringe of a group of smart cheerleader types.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No. Refer to question #5.
10. Can you sing the fight song? I’m not sure we had a fight song. Oh wait!
I’m Salem born and Salem bred and when I die I’ll be Salem dead, so rah-rah for Salem, Salem, rah-rah for Salem, Salem, rah-rah for Salem, rah-rah-rah-ah-AH!
Seriously, that just came to me out of nowhere. Spooky.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? My choir director.
12. What was your school mascot? A spartan soldier. (We were the Salem Sartans!)
13. Did you go to the Prom? Yep! I wore a hideous green iridescent taffeta dress, tea-length with a big bow on my left hip and dye-to-match shoes. Gotta love the 80’s. Let me see if I can dig up a picture.
14. If you could go back, would you? Not on your life.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? Let’s see. Warm, sunny day. Long, boring ceremony. Boyfriend getting his appointment to West Point. Being glad I didn’t trip walking across the stage. Lots of hugs. Lots of pictures. Wondering why everyone was crying. I wore a fitted white sheath and heels, and I felt oh-so-sophisticated and grown up!
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? Sadly, at school. Refer to question #5.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yep. I babysat. And I worked for my mom at her insurance office doing filing and stuff. Oh! I was also a “fragrance model” for a while. I was the annoying lady that stood in the doorway of the department store and threatened to spray you with Eternity if you didn’t take a sample.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? Ummm… the cafeteria? Was there anywhere else to go?
19. Have you gained weight since then? Only 10 lbs!
20. What did you do after graduation? After the ceremony, I went out to lunch with my parents, grandparents, and my boyfriend. Then the following week, my mom took my best friend and me on a Caribbean cruise! It was her appeasement for not allowing me to go to Senior Beach Week.
21. What year did you graduate? 1990.
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Tom, the only boy I ever dated other than my husband. He was a nice guy. We dated until my sophomore year of college when I broke it off.
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Nope. I was planning on it, but we had been doing a lot of traveling, and my son’s sleep was suffering for it. I didn’t have the heart to drag him back home for the reunion, and I was still nursing so I couldn’t leave him. So I skipped it. I hear I didn’t miss much. I doubt I’ll go back to my 20th.
You wanna play? Consider yourself tagged.