Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas
I am pretty sure I’ve done this meme before. And I’m pretty sure I’m too lazy to find it. I was inspired by my blogging buddy Missy. And by my attraction to any type of easy blog fodder, and let’s face it, memes are a gimme.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Oh dear. You would have to start out with a question as challenging as this one. Um, egg nog AND hot chocolate are a solid tie. As long as the hot chocolate is homemade (none of those nasty packets for me, thankyouverymuch) and the eggnog is properly spiked with rum.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh they are most definitely unwrapped. It’s so much more exciting that way! Besides, the bows would surely get crushed in his over-stuffed sack.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, white, WHITE. Light is white, is it not? But the kids have been working on me for many years and this year I actually relented and allowed the purchase of colored lights for the children’s Christmas tree. Yes, the children have a tree of their very own. Or, rather, I have a tree of MY very own, and the rest of the family can do whatever they want with the other one.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Never have, although I have no idea why not.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as Thanksgiving leftovers are safely stowed in the fridge.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Any kind of pie.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Waking up on Christmas morning and coming downstairs to see what Santa left us UNWRAPPED under the tree.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never really believed in Santa. I know; I lived a warped childhood.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Honestly? I can’t remember. I think we did, at least when we got older.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have two trees — mine, with all the fancy matchy-matchy ornaments and white lights. And theirs, with all of the kids’ ornaments and the ornaments from our childhoods.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love, love, LOVE the snow. LOVE. If I have to live in the frozen tundra with all the Yankees, it might as well snow.
12. Can you ice skate? Hahahahaha… Heeheeheee…. Hohohoho… Um. NO.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Honestly, no. I think there’s a sermon illustration in there somewhere.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends and reflecting on the birth of our Savior.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? See #6.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Cutting down out tree.
17. What tops your tree? Which tree? That would be an angel or a star. We’re so original around here.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Um. Can I plead the 5th?
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Eh. Can’t live with ’em. Can’t shoot ’em.
20 Favorite Christmas Show? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Cause I’m sentimental like that. (Hey. It could be worse. My brother has always said that Die Hard is his favorite Christmas movie.)
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Who comes up with these memes? There are no sad Christmas songs!
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Joy to the World. And I like Jewel’s version the best.