Newsletter Giveaway Policy
To show my appreciation for letting me into your inbox, I’m randomly awarding one lucky subscriber a $100 gift card each month! The retailers will vary, and the winner will be announced in the last Saturday newsletter of each month. The winner has until midnight the following Monday to claim her price, after which another winner may be chosen. (See my Official Giveaway Rules below.)
If you aren’t signed up for my emails, it’s free and easy to sign up, and it’s totally risk free — if you don’t like them, or your inbox is getting too crowded, you can opt out at any time simply by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Or if you find the daily emails are too much but you want to keep in touch, you can always switch from daily to weekly newsletters by clicking “Update Preferences” at the bottom of any of my newsletters.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Promotion Description. A new ‘$100 Gift Card’ (“Sweepstakes”) begins on the first day of each month at 12:01 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and ends on the last Friday of each month at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of JLS MEDIA LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility. Open to any person who is 18 years or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection. The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing using a random number generator (Random.org) during the last week of the month, from among all eligible entries received, and announced on the last Saturday of the month in the Sponsor’s Weekly Newsletter. The random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
Potential winner will be announced in the Weekly Newsletter on the last Saturday of each month and has until 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) on the Monday following the winner announcement to claim the prize. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
4. Prizes. One (1) winner will receive one (1) $100 Gift Card (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $100) to the retailer of the Sponsor’s choice. Retailer will vary each month.
5. Online Entry. Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by being an active subscriber to Sponsor’s MailChimp Newsletter List the day the winner is chosen. One entry per person, per email address, per giveaway, unless otherwise specified.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner’s List. To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to JLS MEDIA LLC at PO Box 191, Spring City, PA 19475 . Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by JLS MEDIA LLC, [email protected]