Originally posted 10/23/06. Updated with strikeouts.
Love this idea from Lindsey at Surburban Turmoil.
I’m certainly not a textbook parent. Here are some of my "guilty secrets" —
1) I bribe my kids with dessert to get them to eat their dinner.
2) I serve Kraft mac-and-chemical several times a week. It’s my daughter’s favorite.
I also let them have gum almost every day. And sometimes we have pizza two nights in a row.
I still nurse my daughter to sleep for naps and bedtime and then I still rock my 2-year-old to sleep for naps and bedtime.
again in the night sometimes. Yes, she’s one. She usually sleeps thru
the night, but there are still exceptions. I also nurse her during the
day sometimes just to get her to stop fussing.
4) We let our
3 4-y/o daughter sleep in our bed when she comes in during the night.
5) I forget to give the kids their vitamins. In fact, I don’t think I’ve even filled a prescription for them in over a year.
6) Last year I kept my son out of school several times so we could do something fun I wanted to do.
7) Sometimes I let my kids have Coke. Not very often, though. I let
them have chocolate milk for breakfast, and sometimes I make chocolate
chip pancakes too.
8) I only bathe the kids a couple times a week. Actually, Hubby does
the baths. I use scented detangler on the kids’ hair, and that keeps it from
9) My kids hear me cuss way too often. I tell them not to say those
"naughty words", and so far they don’t. I really have been trying to do
better with that.
10) I don’t let my kids paint because the mess sends me to the looney bin. That’s what I pay preschool for!
Alright! Let’s hear your guilty secrets!