The Restaurant Meme
Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry tagged me for this meme. I’m to tell you my five favorite places to eat out.
How to choose… How to choose… Basically, anywhere that I don’t
have to do the dishes is alright with me. But honestly, we hardly ever go out to eat anymore because with three little kids, frankly it’s just easier to stay in. But I do get out with "the girls" fairly often, and every once in a great while Husband and I manage to finagle a date night. So let me think.
1) Let’s start with Bahama Breeze. I can’t speak to their entrees, but I love their appetizers, specifically the Coconut Shrimp. I live for this dish. They have a decent Key Lime Pie for dessert too, and their Chocolate Island really hits the spot. This is my favorite place to meet up with a girlfriend, or ten.
2) An old inn in a nearby village that shall remain nameless in a vain attempt to keep my cover of anonymity. It’s a gorgeous stone building circa 1700s with impeccable service, lovely romantic ambiance, live music, and a filet mignon to die for. This is my first choice for a date night with the Hubs.
3) I’ll go with Maggiano’s, although I haven’t been there in ages. It’s a chain restaurant that serves Italian-American cuisine family-style. YUM.
4) Melting Pot. I’ve only been here once, but I’m going to list it as a favorite. I can’t wait to go back.
This is ridiculous! I live in friggin’ Philadelphia and I can’t think of five restaurants. Clearly I need to get out more.
5) Okay. Let’s just say John Harvard’s and be done with it. Again, I haven’t been here in ages, although we used to go rather frequently. I love their signature bread that they bring out for starters. I usually fill up on that and have little room left for my favorite standby entree, the Chicken Pot Pie (description under Brew House Classics). Now that I think about it, I have gone far too long without my pot pie. I see a date night in my future.
Well, that’s a wrap. I tag girlymama. Cause I like to pick on her. And because we live in the same general area, so I’m interested in what she will choose!
And while I’m at it, I tag Jordana. Although she’s in my boat, with four little ones, so I don’t know how often she gets out.