This recipe is a bit of a twist on the whole breakfast for dinner idea. I’m a huge fan of the frittata. This is one of several frittata recipes my family enjoys. Serve it with a side salad, and dinner is done!
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cut into quarters and parboiled
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet with oven-proof handle (see NOTE), heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, with whisk, lightly beat eggs, Parmesan cheese, and rosemary. Stir egg mixture and chopped ham into vegetables; cook 3 minutes. Place in heated oven; bake 10 minutes. (I find it needs a bit more time.) Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes more until egg is set and cheese is melted.