This recipe is a bit of a twist on the whole breakfast for dinner idea. I’m a huge fan of the frittata. This is one of several frittata recipes my family enjoys. Serve it with a side salad, and dinner is done!
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cut into quarters and parboiled
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet with oven-proof handle (see NOTE), heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, with whisk, lightly beat eggs, Parmesan cheese, and rosemary. Stir egg mixture and chopped ham into vegetables; cook 3 minutes. Place in heated oven; bake 10 minutes. (I find it needs a bit more time.) Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes more until egg is set and cheese is melted.
5 thoughts on “Potato-Veggie Frittata”
So very wintery.
Yes, this is totally the sort of thing you can tailor to your preferences. In fact, I’m not crazy about the potatoes, frankly. Broccoli would be a great substitute for the asparagus!
That looks great except I do not like asparagus. Maybe I could add broccoli ?
That gooey cheese makes my mouth water.
Oh yummy! I just love breakfast for dinner! This looks super easy to make too. And I’m all about that! Thanks for sharing!
I’m a little late with my comments,but I tried your last recipe- Creamy chicken enchiladas, or was it burritos? anyway they were yummy! This one looks like a great idea for dinner. Thanks for doing my thinking today. 🙂