Weekend in Pictures

One of my faithful DCR Design customers emailed me this morning to see where I’d been.  She was actually worried when she saw no action on the blog or Twitter or email in 24 hours.  I’m not sure what that says about me.  Either I’m loved, or I’m on the computer far too much when a 24-hour absence is alarming.  LOL!  I choose to go with Door #3 — all of the above!

So this is a brief recap.


Dashing through the snow in a one-horse open sleigh!  (Except there was no snow, we were being hauled by a tractor, and we were riding on a flat-bed truck.  But otherwise, the same.)


We found it! The perfect tree! And Caroline has turned into a reindeer. Success!

lighting the tree

Paul was quite proud of himself for rigging up this pole to reach the highest parts of the tree. Time for ornaments!


Our Christmas angel.


And a couple of elves.




And that was just Friday.

On Saturday I got up early and announced that I was going to the mall.  It was a purely spontaneous decision.  I almost got stuck with a tagalong, but at the last minute, she decided to stay home with her father.

FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!  I had a blast, wandering in and out of my favorite stores and trying on clothes and shoes without an entourage.  And I did take advantage of a few good deals.  Surely it would have been a crime to pass them up.  For one thing, Bloomingdales had all of their designer jeans on sale.  I KNOW!  And I had an outstanding store credit at the Nine West store that I decided to use up.  I’ve heard that it’s a bad idea to hold onto store credits and gift cards, with the current economy.  So I bought black boots to wear over my jeans.  I’ve been loving my that I got a few weeks back, but what do you do when you’re wearing black or gray?  Clearly I needed a second pair.  Ahem.

I also stopped to pick up greenery for the outside.  After I got home from the mall, Hub and I hung a ginormous wreath over the garage and pine roping and red bows around the garage and front door.  Then I put lights on all our bushes.  At least until the lights ran out.  I’d post picture of the outside, but they’ll have to wait as it’s been pouring cats and dogs here all day.

Then after a brief snooze on the couch, I hopped in the shower and we all headed out to a friend‘s 40th birthday party.  Now you can see why I wasn’t online on Saturday!

Today we attended church, brought take-out pizza home for lunch, and then Becca and I settled down for a long winter’s nap while Paul took the big kids to a nearby nursing home for a service our church was leading today.

And that, my friends, is why I was MIA for over 24 hours!

So what have YOU been up to this fine weekend?