Fashion Friday | Building a Shoe Wardrobe
Jenn left this comment a few weeks ago, and I thought it would make a fun post.
What I’d really like help with is a basic, go with everything, shoe wardrobe. I have a pair of black walking sandals, a pair of black ballet flats (suede, not very summery), a pair of black high heeled sandals, and a great pair of brown fabric wedges. What should I look for to fill in the gaps?
I may not be the best person to ask, because I subscribe to the philosophy that you can never have too many shoes, but I’ll take a stab at it. (And please tell me you have more than four pair of shoes, because I suddenly feel incredibly self-indulgent.)
I have more shoes than I can recollect without actually going up there and counting them off one by one. My husband frequently calls me Imelda, if that gives you any indication.
Of course I don’t have anywhere near 2700 pairs of shoes, but I probably have more than 27.
Who needs 27 pairs of shoes!?
I decided to take inventory, and um. *whispers* I have way more than 27 pairs of shoes.
I am embarrassed to tell you how many pairs of shoes are sitting in my closet.
So I asked myself, if I HAD to get rid of all but 10 pairs of shoes, which ones would I keep?
It actually wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Originally I was going to pick 10 essential spring/summer shoes, but I was able to narrow it down to 10 total. I would probaby swap out my casual gray Uggs for one of the pairs of ballet flats, but they were already put away for the season so we’ll go with these.
10 Essential Shoes
- versatile boots that can be dressed up or down (my favorite black Danskos)
- dressy pumps in a neutral color (black patent sling-backs)
- casual wedge sandals (tobacco-colored espadrilles)
- flip flops (black leather Born flip flops – very comfy)
- sensible but cute walking shoes (green Privos)
- flat sandals (brown embellished t-straps by Frye)
- ballet flats in a versatile metallic (silver knotted ballet flats by Aldo)
- neutral ballet flat in black or brown (mine are black)
- bonus: bright colored ballet flats for fun (love my orange Edelmans)
How about you? Could you live with 10 pairs of shoes?? What did I forget?