Whatwere you doing 10 years ago?
3rd grade… Going out to eat with hubby whenever the mood struck
instead of waiting for that rare opportunity that is so elusive when
you’re a mom of three… Living for myself without a care in the world
and no responsibilities to any little people… Sleeping till noon on
Saturdays and then spending the rest of the day at the mall with no one
opening the dressing room doors on me when I’m half-nekkid…
Those were the days. Kinda. I wouldn’t trade them, but I also
wouldn’t take them back. Being a mom is well worth the sacrifices!
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Living in the aftermath of a huge summer storm that took out our transformer, leaving us without electricity for five days. It was quite an event. You can read about it in my post from July 20, 2006.
Five snacks you enjoy:
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1) Thunder Road (Springsteen)
2) Alone (Heart)
3) O For A Thousand Tongues (Hymn)
4) He Reigns (Newsboys)
5) Amazing Grace (Hymn)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) At the risk of sounding self-righteous and smug, I would first give at least 10% to our church or its related ministries.
2) Then I’d put away enough money for all three kids to go to the college of their choice.
3) I’d put a gorgeous deck on our house and a patio off the walk-out
basement, and I’d landscape all around it. (Right now we have a very
small builder’s grade deck with NO STEPS down to the yard.)
4) I’d pay off our house and cars. Actually. Scratch that. I’d trade
my car in for a new model Tahoe and then sock away enough money to pay
for the gas for the next 10 years.
5) And I’d hire a housekeeper. For sure. I should have made that one #2.
Would a million even cover all that? It’s doubtful, isn’t it?? A million sure ain’t what it used to be! Right now, I’d be happy with #5.
Five bad habits:
1) cracking my knuckles
2) drinking too much coffee
3) twirling my hair
4) swearing. Shocking, I know. (I hope.) I really struggle with that, though.
5) surfing the ‘Net when I’ve got better things to do
Five things you like to do:
4) go out for drinks, food, and gab with my girlfriends
Five things you
would never hope to never wear again:
1) stirrup pants
2) maternity clothes
3) nursing bras
5) pants with pleats and tapered legs
Five favorite toys:
1) my iPod
2) my (our) TiVo
3) my RAZR (cell phone)
4) my Nikon D50 (SLR camera)
5) my Kitchen Aid mixer
And I tag anyone who would like to play along.