Since I’m in Costa Rica this week, I thought it would be appropriate (AND FUN!) to discuss what to pack for a tropical vacation. Unfortunately, I haven’t had many of those, but my friend Kristin is the queen of tropical vacation style so I asked her if she would guest post for me today and share her best advice for what to pack for a tropical vacation. With that, I’ll hand it over to Kristin!
Hi there, it’s Kristin from Take Time For Style. I’m elated to be here today to talk to you about resort wear! With our lovely Jo-Lynne about to depart for a retreat in Costa Rica, she thought you might like some tips on what to pack for a tropical vacation from a girl who lives in a tropical climate.
Most of my top picks are pieces that I can wear most the year here in Florida. Haha! But even if you don’t see temps in the nineties in September, these pieces will definitely work for you the next time you plan a tropical vacay!
What to Pack for a Tropical Vacation
1. Coverup: You’ll be spending a lot of time by the pool or on the beach and a chic coverup is all you need for the short trek from you room.
2. Oversized sunnies: Not only are they super stylish, but they will protect your eyes from the wicked rays.
3. Metallic Tote: A tote like this can take you from the water to dinner. No need to switch out your bag.
4. Gauze pants: This is another piece you can just thrown on over your swimsuit. Plus, gauze is lightweight enough for tropical weather.
5. Maxi dress: A maxi is a multi-purpose piece that you can use as a coverup, sight see in or wear out to have cocktails.
6. Maillot: As a mama of two beautiful little cherubs, I’m a lot more comfortable in one piece swimsuits these days, but don’t get my wrong…I’m not talking about a mommy suit. I’m talking about a sophisticated maillot!
7. Flat Sandals: As much as I love my heels, tropical vacays are so laid back, flat sandals totally work! Plus, they’re so comfy.
So, who’s ready to plan their own tropical vacation? I know this girl is! The only question is… Where should we go?