Fire up your grill for this easy weeknight dinner! These simple Grilled Chicken Kebabs with veggies cooked in a foil packet are sure to please your family.
As soon as the weather warms up and we start grilling again, I immediately start thinking about kebabs. I love grilling kebabs because they cook up so quickly. Plus, you can skewer your veggies right along with your chicken and have a complete meal without even heating up the oven. I usually serve mine alongside steamed rice.
Like most grilled meats, kebabs are best if they are marinated. I’ve been looking for some fresh ideas so I asked Colleen if she has a good recipe I should try. Well, of course she does. This has been her go-to grill marinade for going on 20 years, and she says it’s delicious on chicken, beef or pork.
I usually put my veggies on the skewers along with the meat, but I love how Colleen cooks her veggies in a foil packet. It’s much easier, you don’t have to deal with veggies breaking and/or sliding off, and you can add veggies that might not skewer well (like asparagus… YUM!)
Fire up the grill for these delicious grilled chicken skewers and veggies. Your family will thank you!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS sherry
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- For the veggies see below
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sherry and garlic. Whisk until combined.
- Place chicken pieces into the bowl and allow them to marinate 1-4 hours (in the refrigerator).
- When ready to grill, oil your skewers, and thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers. I like to double them up (fold them over) to make sure they are secure.
- Oil your grill and preheat it.
- Grill kebabs over med-high heat for approximately 4 minutes per side or until done to your liking (remember chicken dries out fast).
- Bring your remaining marinade to a boil in a small pot while the chicken is on the grill, then serve it alongside the chicken as dipping sauce.
- If you want to enjoy some gorgeous vegetables with the skewers, cut up the veggies you enjoy (onions, mushrooms, summer squash, asparagus, eggplant, etc.) Toss them with olive oil, salt & pepper, or your favorite seasoning blend.
- Put veggies into a foil packet, and place it on the grill. Keep the top of the packet open to avoid soggy veggies. Place them on the grill first, as they will take about 20 minutes. These veggies are just as good the next day!
11 thoughts on “30 Minute Meals: Grilled Chicken Kebabs”
This recipe looks amazingly delicious! Pinning it to my yummy recipe board!
These look yummy!! In fact all of the recipes I’m seeing here look yummy!! My kind of food!! Found you on Two Cup Tuesday!! I also have a link party on Thursday called my 2 Favorite Things on Thursday! I’d love if you stopped by and shared!! 🙂
Thanks, Elaine! I’ll check it out!
Hi Jo-Lynne, I would love you to stop by Food on Friday: BBQ over at Carole’s Chatter to add this to the recipe collection! Cheers!
Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We’d love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/07/02/home-matters-linky-party-44/ 🙂
Life With Lorelai
Those kebabs look fabulous, and I like the idea of cooking the veggies in a foil wrap. Saves some of them falling off the kebabs into the fire. I always lost some that way, when I had a deck and a grill.
I shared this today on a Facebook page I curate called Cooking with Whole Grains & Real Whole Foods, where it’s the featured Recipe of the Day. Thanks for a lovely suggestion.
Hi Kathryn. Thanks so much for featuring me! It really is delicious.
Hi Jo-Lynne, these recipes look delicious. I shared this on my Facebook business page for my boutique customers.