It’s September, the kids are back in school, and Labor Day has come and gone. Of course, the weather hasn’t gotten the memo. Where we are here in Pennsylvania, the temperatures are still quite summer-like. Which begs the question, what on EARTH do we WEAR??
Contrary to what your grandmother might have told you, we no longer need to follow those antiquated no-white-after-labor-day rules.
7 Easy Ways to Transition Your Wardrobe into Fall
1. Wear your favorite sandals with a fall outfit to keep it lighter on those warmer fall days.
2. Throw on a neutral khaki jacket or a hoodie with your favorite summer tank top and jeans to carry into fall. Here is a tank and jeans with two different options.
3. Carry your neutral straw beach bag with any basic fall outfit for a fun contrast.
4. Got a fall wedding to attend? No need to go shopping for a new dress. Put a pair of tights and pumps with your favorite summer dress, and you’re good to go!
5. Conversely, go bare on the legs and wear booties with your favorite denim skirt.
6. Pair a jean jacket and booties with your favorite sundress, and you can get at least another month out of it!
7. Wear your white jeans with brown boots and a lightweight all-season sweater. I personally LOVE this look.
How do you transition your wardrobe from summer to fall?
For more fashion for women over 40, sign up to receive my fashion & beauty digest in your email inbox for a weekly recap of my fashion and beauty posts!