Seattle is one of my favorite cities to visit. I’ve been there twice, but never with kids. There is just so much to see and do there, and even when it’s dreary out, it’s a beautiful area.
My friendly virtual assistant, Ali, lives in Seattle so I asked her if she wouldn’t mind writing up a list of fun things to do with kids in Seattle for my Things To Do With Kids family travel series. I added two of my own at the end, so this is a group effort.
Things To Do with Kids in Seattle
1. Take the Water Taxi to Alki Beach if you happen to be in Seattle on a sunny day.
2. The Experience Music Project has music history & science fiction history museums and is a great way to spend a drizzly Seattle day.
3. The Pacific Science Center is another fun place to visit and isn’t sunny day dependent.
4. Theo Chocolate factory tours because, chocolate.
5. The Seattle Aquarium is located on the waterfront and is a great place for your kids to get up close and personal to marine animals.
6. Gas Works Park can be a really fun place to go and run around/have a picnic.
7. Woodland Park Zoo is fun, even though I’m still sad they closed down the nocturnal house.
8. Seattle has a ton of places to kayak. I’ve never used this company, but it could be a great place to rent some kayaks.
9. Tour Pike Place Market and sample all the delectable eats! (Jo-Lynne, here!) It’s not a kid-oriented activity, per se, but you really cannot go to Seattle and NOT experience Pike Place Market. And my kids would find the hustle and bustle exciting, I think. If not, there’s always a photo opp with the Pike Place Pig.
10. Take the Ferry to Bainbridge Island and walk around. My husband and I did this when we visited Seattle back in 2010.
They have a whole list of things to do with kids on their website. I think we just walked around, and I remember eating at this cute little natural foods store with a cafe where this sign was posted. Of course I couldn’t resist taking a picture..
Now I’m dying to go back to Seattle with the whole family!
Have you been to Seattle? What would you add to this list?