I don’t know about you, but I cannot believe it’s November. Never mind that I’ve been posting gift guides for three weeks, I am nowhere NEAR ready to think about the holidays.
Anyway, ready or not, November 1st it is! Before I move on to sharing holiday outfits and things like that, I thought I’d round up my Top Ten in October.
Top Ten Best Selling Products in October
According to my ShopStyle analytics, these were the 10 most popular products across my blog and social channels last month. They’re listed in typical Top Ten order, with the most popular one last.
10. Rag & Bone Retro Sneaker (39; similar for less) // I love the retro runner sneaker as an alternative to the Vejas and P448s that I wear so much. Not only do they provide good support for my finicky feet, they’re luxe and add a cool factor to any casual outfit.
They come in other colors, but I’m especially partial to this Light Sand Suede. It looks great with light and medium wash denim, as well as washed black, and also white. These sneakers are true to size; I almost always wear a 39 in European sizing, whether it’s boots or sneakers.
sweater (S; similar for less) // vest (S) // jeans (28) // belt (M) // sunnies // nails
9. Aquatalia Brigitte Luxe Water Resistant Bootie (8.5) // These were an #NSale purchase, and I’ve already worn them quite a bit. I’m such a huge fan of Aquatalia boots for high quality, luxe materials, supreme comfort, and their weather resistant suede.
We have such messy winter weather here in Philly, these allow me to wear luxe, stylish suede booties all season long, no matter what the weather! The Whiskey color that I have is low inventory, but the black is almost fully stocked, and they’re on sale again at Nordstrom Rack. Size up, if in between.
9. EBY Seamless Tank Top (M) // Yes, there are two #9 because it was a tie. This tank is the perfect smoothing base layer for wearing under clingy knits, as well as short tops when you’re concerned about exposing your middle (or worse!) when you bend over.
It also provides an extra layer of warmth without any bulk when you’re bundling up for the cold. I even wear mine to sleep in because it supports the girls just enough to allow me to sleep comfortably. If in doubt, I’d recommend sizing up; I like the medium.
jeans (28) // belt (M) // boots (8) // bag
8. Treasure & Bond V-Neck Sweater // This was another #NSale purchase, and I’m so glad it’s still in stock, and back on sale too! It’s a great price for this fall closet basic, with some subtle details to keep it interesting. I love the extra long ribbed cuffs and the shape of the v-neck, and it has the perfect amount of slouch.
I have the brown and the red, and if I could justify another black sweater, I’d probably snap that one up too! Even though the website says to size down, I would say it’s true to size with a relaxed fit.
7. Gap Factory Sherpa Jacket (S) // If you need an affordable, cozy jacket to throw on with your casual outfits for weekend errands or Saturdays on the sidelines, this sherpa jacket is just the thing. It’s roomy enough to layer under, but still a flattering cut, and it’s lightweight but also warm. I found it to run true to size for Gap. I’m usually a small in their jackets and tops.
blouse (S) // bracelet (on sale!) // pumps (8)
6. Wit & Wisdom Crosshatch High Waist Ankle Pants (6) // These are the quintessential work pants, and even if you don’t need black pants for work, they can be dressed down with sneakers and a denim jacket. For that reason, they would be great for travel because they can do double duty. The fit is so flattering, and they’re also extremely comfortable. They run true to size, or size down if in between.
sweater (S) // boots (8; on sale!!!) // bag // earrings // nails
5. Kut from the Kloth Ana High Waist Flare Corduroy Jeans // I love these corduroy flares as an alternative to jeans for fall. They’re so comfortable and also very flattering. The rise is quite high, but I still managed a front tuck, and I think it works. I also wore them on Sunday with a different sweater, and that one I left untucked.
They have a 33″ inseam, so you may need to hem them or wear them with heels. I’m wearing a 3 1/2″ heel here, for reference, and I need every bit of that. If at all in doubt on sizing, size down; I’m comfortable in the size 6, but that is rare for me these days!
sherpa (S) // crewneck tee (M) // sneakers (29)
4. Gap Factory Mid Rise Classic Straight Jeans (29) // These jeans are a really nice option for those who don’t like to spend a lot on their denim. They’re very flattering, and they have just enough stretch to be comfortable. I like the light, even wash and finished hems, and they’re a full length straight leg style — just a really classic pair of casual jeans without any distressing.
They do stretch out some with wear, so buy them snug and expect some give. You may want to size down, if in between. I’m wearing the 29, but after wearing them around the house for a bit, I realized I could use the 28.
sweater (S; similar for less) // jeans (28) // boots (8.5) // belt (M) // sunnies // nails
3. J. Crew Quilted Excursion Vest (S; similar for less) // This is the vest that made me eat my words! I declared preppy puffer vests like this one among the outdated fashion trends I’m no longer wearing, and then when I saw this one, I ordered it on the spot.
It does look a little more up to date than the original J.Crew Excursion Vest I was referring to in that post, but I think it’s how you style it that really matters. As long as you wear it with a current denim silhouette and footwear that is on trend, I think it can look chic and stylish in 2022. And yay! It’s currently on sale — 35% off with code SHOPNOW.
sweater (S; similar for less) // similar mules
2. Frame Le High Raw Hem Ankle Straight Leg Jeans (29) // These are one of my favorite pairs of jeans at the moment, and they’re a great price for Frame, which is probably why they landed in 2nd place last month! It helps that they fit comfortably (a lot of my jeans from last year are snug) but I also really like the cut.
They’re just a little wider through the leg than my other straight leg jeans, which are starting to look almost skinny to me now. These look current without being trendy, if that makes sense. Plus they have a really versatile medium blue wash that goes with just about all the tops in my closet.
earrings // cords (6) // bag // nails
1. Caslon Funnel Neck Cotton Blend Sweater // I’m not at all surprised to find this sweater in 1st place! It was a top seller last year too. It’s cozy and soft, with very little wool content for those who are sensitive. It comes in tons of colors, and the fit is traditional but relaxed with a nice drape — very forgiving. I like to wear mine front tucked, but at 24″ long, it can be worn out as well. It runs true to size, with a relaxed fit.
Stay In Touch
If you liked this post, be sure you’re signed up for my email newsletter. In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive exclusive newsletter content like special sales, my newest favorite finds, and an occasional peek behind the scenes — all delivered right to your inbox.
I would also love for you to join my JLS Fashion Insiders Facebook Group! This is a friendly place to discuss all matters of fashion and style with other women, share your outfits, get advice, and stay up to date on all the happenings in our community.
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, it helps support my business (at no additional cost to you) so thank you!
10 thoughts on “Top Ten in October 2022”
What a fabulous post! You are making it easy to build a Christmas wishlist to give to my hubby. 🙂 Just curious, do you still practice IF? You look great!
So glad it’s helpful! I am trying to get back to IF, I felt so much better when I was doing that. I stopped when I had my surgery so I could focus on recovery, and I haven’t really gotten back on track since.
Have you tried the AG Saige straight leg??
No, I hadn’t even seen it, but I just ordered them so I will report back!
Love that treasure and bond sweater! In your pics it looks more like a cool wine red but in the stock pictures more of a warm almost rust toned red. Which do you think is more accurate? Also on the model the neckline hangs pretty low but doesn’t look too low in your pics. Do you think it’s too low for larger chested ladies?
It is definitely more of a burgundy and it’s not low like that on me. She seems to be wearing a size too big.
I’m glad you mentioned that some slim straight denim is starting to feel almost like skinny jeans. I’m having the same impression, especially with Mother denim. These aren’t that old and now are starting to look dated. I guess it’s a lesson to buy selectively.
I still like them and wear them, and I definitely got my money’s worth, but I may not buy more dazzlers.
Combo #8 is soooo flattering on you! Very inspiring too!
Love this post! Lots of great ideas! My Pinterest Board is running over with your outfits. Love the colors this fall. Are the plum colors good for fall this year. I wear jeans every day. I’m like you, 98% of the time. What’s the best color Jeans to wear with plum? I live in North Carolina so it’s a little different here. I’m not really into a lot of the trends but I’m getting used to it. Anyway, I read your blog everyday and always excited to see what’s new. Have a Great Day!!