I thought it might be fun to start a monthly feature where I share some of my new favorite finds along with some older tried-and-true products that I’m particularly enjoying at the moment.
This time of year, it’s hard to keep shooting new outfits because daylight is so limited, and so many things are selling out. Also, I don’t think most people are stocking their closets like they are earlier in the season. (Not to say that I won’t be styling new outfits! I just can’t do as many right now as I do other times of year.)
These are all things that I’m either enjoying right now, or they’re so good that I think you should know about them.
1. Zella Etoile Pullover // For those of you who’ve been asking for more casual wear and athleisure looks, this pullover is super cute and sooo comfy! I’ll be styling it in a dedicated post next week, but I thought I’d go ahead and share it now while it’s still fully stocked. It comes in 5 colors, and it does have a snug fit, so I have the medium.
2. Blush Scarf // I am obsessed with this color right now. I know it’s so trendy, but I just love it, and this scarf was a great transition piece that you can wear well into spring.
3. Fleece Robe // My mom gave me the longer version of this robe for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I put it on every morning the second I get up because it’s so cozy, and our house is so cold that time of day. The longer one is still available at Lord & Taylor in grey and Back Country in the red that I have.
4. Stella & Dot Triad Hoops // I just ordered these, and I can’t wait to start wearing them. I think they’re going to be extremely versatile. I like that they have a little more to them than a single hoop but they’re still on a smaller scale so they won’t compete with my necklaces.
5. Sam Edelman Blake Bootie // I’ve had my eye on these for months, so when they went on sale, I grabbed them. I like the pointy toe; they’re going to be perfect with bootcut jeans.
6. Adidas Superstars White/Copper // I’m obsessed with these. I have the plain white ones, but I love these with the copper stripes. To me, they look like rose gold, and as you know, I’m obsessed. I keep putting them in my shopping cart and then taking them out, lol! As a fashion blogger, I can totally justify a second pair to add variety to my athleisure looks, but as a woman who lives in ballet flats most of the time, I can’t seem to bite the bullet because I don’t wear sneakers enough to justify two that are so similar. If you don’t already have a pair of Adidas Superstars, they’re very comfortable and on trend, and the copper stripes are definitely the ones to get! That or the black, and I kind of want those too. #itsaproblem
7. CND Creekside Nail Color // This is an old favorite I’ve rediscovered this month. I had my nails done last week, and we went with this chalky blue. I think it’s perfect for January. I’m linking to the Vinylux version because it’s easier to apply at home, but it also comes in the Shellac.
8. Rodan + Fields Essential Daily Body Moisturizer // This stuff is the best body moisturizer I’ve ever used, and I’m not just saying that b/c I sell it. I tend to have verrrry itchy, dry skin, and one reason I hate cold weather so much is because I get so itchy. Not so when I use this regularly. As long as I am diligent about applying it every time I get out of the shower, no more itchy, dry skin for me! I also make sure to apply it to my feet, and the woman who does my pedicures comments that my feet hardly need any buffing at all.
9. Faux Leather Tote // I shared this in yesterday’s post, but I wanted to include it here because I think it’s such a great bag for the price point. Highly recommend.
10. AG Destruct Midi Ankle Jeans // These are spendy, but I got them on 40% off before the holidays. I’m hoping they’ll go on sale again, although sizes are getting depleted, so I’m not sure how long they will last. I needed another pair of jeans like I needed a hole in the head, but I really like the super dark wash and the raw hem, and the distressing is perfect, if you like distressing, which I do.
11. Chenille Cardigan // Finally, this cardigan is the best slouchy, casual cardigan I’ve found in ages. I have the rose color, which unfortunately is sold out, but it does come in black. I LOVE this sweater. I want to put it on every day. Yesterday I wore it over a graphic tee with the black midi ankle jeans (see #10) and my white Superstars (see #6) and I felt so sassy.
Fit tip: this cardigan runs big. I have the small, and it’s plenty roomy.
Let me know how you like this feature, and if you have any January favorites to share!
Did you like this post?
Subscribe to get my daily updates in your email inbox! You can also connect with me on Instagram and Facebook.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on what that means, see my About Page: Blog Monetization and Disclosure.
37 thoughts on “January Favorites”
I like this as a monthly column!
YAY! Thanks for that feedback. 🙂
Great post. I’ve been looking for a pair of deconstructed black jeans. I can’t tell you how many pairs I’ve ordered and sent back. I’m really tempted to order the ones you have featured today, but I’m not sure I can justify the cost just after Christmas. Of course I’m learning that I wear my pricier jeans far more often than some of the other pairs in my drawer. I’d love to have fewer jeans, even though I wear them everyday. As I get rid of jeans, I intend to buy fewer pairs and be sure what I buy, I love. So maybe the AGs will go on sale! Are they stretchy? Do they run true to size? And I agree, the jeans with the T, sneakers and pink cardigan? Sassy!!
I agree with that strategy. I’d rather have 3 or 4 great pairs of jeans than 10 cheaper ones that I don’t love. I end up wearing the same 2 or 3 over and over anyway. Shopbop runs a sitewide 25-30% off sale occasionally, and that’s a great time to pick up AG. And Bloomingdales runs good denim sales from time to time. I don’t find Nordstrom to run denim sales as often, and they don’t seem to put AG on sale much.
Fit-wise, I find AG to run slightly bigger than some. I wear 28 in AG and 29 in DL1961 and 30 in Paige. LOL. AG are sort of stretchy, but not as much as the DL, but they are as comfortable and hold their shape as well or better. They seem to conform to your body in a flattering way. I really think AG is stealing my heart. I feel like I’m cheating on DL. LOL!
I’ll keep my eye out for sales and the next time I find AG at a discount, I’m going to try a pair. That’s for the info on fit!
Great post, JoLynne. I have been hesitant to try blush because I’m already so pale (sans the beautiful dark brunette like you have), and I”m afraid I’d be washed out. Any tips? Or should I let this one pass me by? Do you think handbag in this color or shoes?
Hm, I see what you mean. I think it has a cool undertone generally, and what I learned in Adore Your Wardrobe is that every color has cool tones and warm tones, and if you have warm skintone (yellow undertones), you want to stick with warmer hues, and if you have a cool skintone (blue undertones) you want to stick with cooler hues. Does that help at all? Most of these blush colors seem to have cool undertones.
I am so looking to get a pair of Adidas this Winter/Spring (an 80s girl always needs white sneakers) How do you find them running size wise? I am cursed with wide feet 🙁
They run big. I have a size 8. I wear 8.5 in most ballet flats and boots, and a 9 in most running sneakers. So definitely size down.
hubby bought me the white with black striped adidas for xmas!! I have already worn them , so comfy!!!! Love this sweater!!! looks cozy!
YAY! I love those. I really wish I hadn’t gotten plain white. I like the black and copper so much better now.
I always click on the warm cozy looking sweaters and then remember, Oh , I live in Arizona! I don’t need any more sweaters! Darn! That cardi is so cute!
Haha! That would be a problem. 🙂
Love this post what a great idea. I must say that I didn’t think I would like pearl earrings. I have several pair and had just forgotten about them until you posted those cute pearl earrings that look perfect with dark hair! I am hooked ! I duplicated your outfit with the red boots. My favorite January peice. If it wasn’t for you I would have never thought about it. Thank you so much for all the ideas. I also love this scarf….And your video on how to curl your hair!
Thanks! So glad it’s helpful. True confessions: I saw those earrings on another blogger and loved the look. I’d have never thought about wearing pearls either.
I LOVE that scarf Jo-Lynne and hope you’ll style soon. I want to order right now before it sells out but am a bit concerned if it might be too bulky being 36″x77″. I’m only 5’3″ and petite framed so I have to be careful with scarves not overpowering on me. Can you let me know what you think of it. I believe you’re a tad taller than I am. Thanks!
It’s the same length as the check one I featured yesterday, but it’s a bit wider, which makes sense for that style. I’ll let you know what I think when it arrives. It’s on order.
I love everything, but that’s BAD because it makes me want to buy them!???? what are you wearing the scarf with?
Haha! I know, I hear ya! I haven’t styled it yet. I’m thinking of a light color palette. It would be so pretty with a light grey/silver sweater. 🙂
What a fun post! I’m glad you’re going to make this a monthly column. Great picks!
Totally love the rose colored cardigan. Maybe they’ll restock or have some returns …. Love that tote, too!!!! Great post????
I keep hoping they’ll restock it! I wanted to style it for a blog post but I hate to do that when only black is avail.
Jo Lynne, this is off topic, but could you let us know how the “pill remover” for sweaters works? I could use one myself! Love your picks for the month!
I’ll let you know!
Love this post. I’ve been looking for boots to wear with my bootcut jeans (pear body Adore Your Wardrobe requirement) and these look like they will do the trick until warm weather demands open toes.
Cheers to the monthly “Favorites” post! These Adidas copper stripe tennis shoes were my favorite birthday gift last April. I love them. Perfect in the fall when the toes are needing to be covered but not in the boot mood yet and they’re my go to footwear when I break out my spring colors. Always feel more energetic in these shoes!
I like the idea of a monthly post of new favorires. I’ll look forward to it!
That graphic tee is cute. It would make a nice gift for a coffee lover.
Hi Jo-Lynne. Love your blog. First off I signed up for the Adore Your Wardrobe course (per your recommendation) and love it so far. I think I will really learn a lot about my body type and what clothes will look good on me. As far as jeans go, I bought a pair of Articles of Society jeans from Nordstrom and loved them. Wore the pair a few times so of course I ordered 2 more. Do you have any of this brand as it seems like the original pair has stretched out a bit and now I am wondering if I should have ordered one size smaller?
Hey Patti. I am so glad you’re enjoying AYW! I have only tried that brand on in store, but I haven’t bought them and worn them long enough to see how they wear. Maybe someone else reading along can chime in. I have learned with jeans, if in doubt, size down. If you haven’t worn the other 2 yet, I’d try the smaller size and see. Leave the tags on and wear them for a couple hours around the house and see how they feel. Hope that helps!
Thanks Jo-Lynne. I like that idea and just ordered the smaller size to see which is a better fit.
Hi Patti, I have a couple pair from this brand and I’ve found I have to go down a size because of the stretch.
Thank you for your advice. I think I will order the smaller size and see which one I like better after wearing them for a few hours.
Fun post! Like the every month idea.Thanks for all you do!
Confession..I’m wearing that Ugg robe right now! It was a Christmas gift and I have been living in it. I even bought my mom one for her upcoming birthday because I love it so much!
Also, love the idea of a monthly favorites post! Even though I’m done buying for a looong time, it’s always fun to see roundups of favorites.
Too funny, I am also buying the robe for my mom for her birthday. 🙂
I also really like this as a monthly feature. However, I almost want to cry every time I see that pink sweater!! I really wish it was back in stock in that color!!!!! Oh, well. Life goes on! 😉
I also love those pointy-toed boots. They WOULD look great with bootcut jeans.
Love this as a monthly topic!! Do you have a favorite bootcur jean?