Stuffed Tapenade & Cheese Sandwich
Hi! It’s Colleen again, and today’s post is all about the sandwich.
This summer, Mezzetta, the makers of high quality peppers, olives, and specialty foods, are giving you the opportunity to win $25,000 with their Mezzetta “Make That Sandwich” con-test.
All you need to do is make a sandwich featuring at least two of Mezzatta’s products and submit it through the form on their website. The grand prize winner receives $25,000, and two runner-up winners receive $1,000.
For a sandwich?? Oh yeah!
I love contests that get us to think outside the box and come up with something that not only we would enjoy…but others too! So to get your creative juices flowing, today I’m sharing my idea for a killer vegetarian summer sandwich featuring Mezzetta products.
For my sandwich, I decided to go meatless. I enjoy a good sandwich in the summer that I can easily transport and enjoy anywhere, and using Mezzetta products to come up with something interesting was so easy!
I knew I was going to use their Red Hot Chili Pepper Spread – it’s absolutely delicious…I literally can just eat it off of a spoon! I also decided to include their Garlic Stuffed Olives and their Roasted Peppers! Those three along with some readily available ingredients created a memorable sandwich that my family totally enjoyed. From sandwiches, salads, pastas and quick snacks, Mezzetta’s got you covered!
Mezzetta products are available everywhere you buy groceries nationwide and not only are a quality addition to your pantry, they have incredible flavor and are easy to enjoy alone or as an ingredient in many dishes.
I decided to make a fun “stuffed” sandwich! I adore a well-made tapenade and decided to create a sandwich that highlighted those flavors yet satisfied anyone in the mood for a sandwich…one you might find in a small shop wandering through Europe.
I made a tapenade that literally took me minutes to put together, added some artichokes and cheese, hollowed out a gorgeous loaf of French bread and stuffed it full of goodness! That way, I could take it with me on a picnic, canoe trip or simply make it ahead of time to serve at home! If you slice it in small rounds, it could even double as an appetizer!
When ready, I simply sliced off sections and everyone enjoyed it!
If you want to make this more of a traditional sandwich, you can skip hollowing out a loaf and simply slice a section of French bread, add some greens (and more onion if you choose), slap on the tapenade and enjoy!
And if you want a little meat, go ahead and add a few slices of Sopressata or Pancetta!! Ommmnommm!
I hope you enjoy the flavor explosion in this sandwich, and I cheer you on to make your own sandwich using some of Mezzetta’s delicious quality ingredients! Good Luck!
- 5 oz Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 8 oz Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers, blotted dry a bit
- 10 oz artichoke hearts, blotted dry a bit
- 2 TBS Mezzetta Red Hot Chili Pepper Spread
- 1 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 heaping TBS of capers
- 2 TBS minced red onion
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Gruyere or Provolone cheese
- 2 medium loaves of French Bread
- Place your olives, peppers, artichokes, red hot chili pepper spread, oli, capers, onion and black pepper into your food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Scrape out into a bowl, add cheese pieces and mix well.
- Slice off the top of one end of your bread loaf, then carefully hallow out the rest of it (keeping the loaf intact). You can use a fork or a serrated knife to help you “dig” out the innards.
- Stuff the loaf with your tapenade/cheese mixture and wrap tightly until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mezzetta. The opinions and text are all mine.