Hey, it’s Colleen here today. Valentine’s Day is almost here, and the stores are laden with candy as well as every possible gimmick for us to show our love. I, for one, have never really embraced the whole run-to-the-store-and-grab-all-the-V-day-paraphernalia-you-can-find-and-give-it-to-those-you-love kinda gal. I also have no interest in booking a table at THE restaurant of the minute only to be either elbowed to death by everyone else or let down if the service or meal isn’t what I wanted it to be due to a big crowd.
I guess I’m a Valentine’s Day Grinch, lol. Well, until my kids came along anyway.
Because of my kids, with each holiday, I channel my inner Willie Wonka and make a crazy amounts of candies and treats for my children’s classrooms, and I have to say that I love it. (I’ve got lots of ideas posted on my site!)
I’ve always enjoyed making people happy through food, so making all kinds of fun treats for “my babies” is my thing!
These Chocolate Dipped & Sprinkled Ice Cream Cones are such a fun treat to whip up for your kids. You can use any type of ice cream cone, dip ’em, decorate ’em, and fill ’em with ice cream or chopped fruits. The way my kids like them best is with whipped cream and strawberries.
I’ve been making these for years. These were actually one of my go-to treats for the kids (minus the candy coating) all the years we did the playground circuit. I’d bring cones and a container chopped fruit and sometimes whipped cream, and that was their snack. I quickly assembled them while they played and had fun, and they loved it. I have to say… it made all the other kids a little jealous, lol!
Why not trick out some cones of your own this week? And get the kid involved. Because what’s better than a craft they can make AND eat??
Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Cones
- 6 ice cream cones
- 1 cup chocolate (chocolate chips or colored Wilton’s chocolate melting disks from the craft store)
- Various sprinkles, jimmies, etc in small bowls
- Chopped strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Melt your chocolate in a small bowl in your microwave (in short bursts, careful not to burn). Stir until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Dip your cones one at a time into the chocolate, shake off some of the excess, then immediately dunk them into the decorations.
- Place the cones on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and either place them in your very cold garage or refrigerator to allow them to harden.
- For best results, get your cones into the cold quickly…immediately after each one is made.
- When ready to enjoy, fill the cones with fruit and whipped cream, and enjoy!
One thought on “Dipped & Sprinkled Ice Cream Cones”
So cute! What a fun treat for Valentines day!