Where were clementines when I was a kid? I can’t really remember them, and then all of a sudden 5 or so years ago they started showing up in crates or mesh bags. One taste was all it took for me, and now I’m always on the lookout for them as soon as their season starts… I am all over them and so are my kids!
It’s Colleen here today to tell you that besides eating clementines, using them in a cocktail is pretty delicious too…. like these clementine mojitos!
Why yes, I do like my cocktails!
One of my favorite cocktails ever is vodka, fresh squeezed Cara oranges and a splash of vanilla, served martini style. I actually served it as the signature drink at my mom’s surprise 65th birthday party and called it “The Kathie” because my mom really IS “sunshine.” She helps so many people and is just so loving, so it was fitting to serve “sunshine in a glass” to her friends and family in her honor!
That drink led me to experiment with clementines, and one of the results was this fun Clementine Mojito!
TIP: You can save the skins after you squeeze these and make a delicious smelling stove-top potpourri by adding in a few broken cinnamon sticks, a splash of vanilla and water…simmer and enjoy the delicious aroma!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed clementine juice
- 1/4 cup lime simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup white rum (more or less based on your taste)
- Mint leaves
- Clementine wedges or triangles for garnish
- Make your simple syrup by bringing to a just a boil 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water and 1 TBS fresh squeezed lime juice. Allow it to cool to room temperature, and store in your refrigerator in a mason jar until ready to use. Keeps for 2 weeks.
- Combine clementine juice, simple syrup and rum in a cocktail shaker or bowl. Place a handful of mint leaves in 2 glasses, muddle, fill glass with ice, pour in the cocktail mixture and give it a good stir. Serve.
Love clementines but prefer vodka to rum? Check out Jo-Lynne’s Mandarin Vodka Cocktail Recipe. And for a classic mojito recipe, these are sublime!
We’re “strutting our stuff” with Six Sister’s Stuff.
6 thoughts on “Clementine Mojitos”
This looks delicious and so light and refreshing! As a kid, we always celebrated Christmas Day at my grandparents’ house and our Christmas stockings always included a clementine. Clementines instantly take me back to that happy time.
Did you see McDonald’s is now giving out clementines with the Happy Meals?
That’s a great memory! NO I did not see that about McD’s! Nice! Once I open a clementine and its a good one…I can’t stop and will eat 4! Happy Holidays!
I didn’t see that either, but that is a nice idea!
That looks so tasty! Will be trying it soon. Visiting from The Sits Girls linky. 😉
we go through about a crate a week in my house when it’s clementine season! never thought to make a drink out of those little guys! so trying this mojito-it is right up my alley! pinning 🙂
Nice website ! Good example to be inspired from. From pinterest website