I’m always looking for fun, easy snacks for the kids, so when Krusteaz asked me to come up with a fun recipe using their gluten-free honey cornbread baking mix, I put my thinking cap on and perused Pinterest for a bit and came up with these corndog muffins. The idea isn’t original, but the Krusteaz baking mix sure does make it easy.
In fact, these corndog muffins are so easy, my kids can even make them, and they often help.
We’ve had them a few times already, and they make a great accompaniment to chili or a hearty after-school snack. Since I never buy corndogs, my kids only ever get them at school or the ballpark, so they think these muffins are quite a treat.
Look how fun these are. You can either chop up the hot dogs, or you can put a slice of hot dog right in the middle.
Whenever I have Krusteaz cornbread mix in the house, my kids ask for these. I just used the recipe on the box, and then I added a cup of shredded cheddar to make them extra tasty.
To show you how easy they are to put together, I made this video. How adorable is my little kitchen helper??
You can get the recipe on the Krusteaz site, or use the printable below.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix
- 1 package hot dogs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease or line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Add cheese and cornbread mix and stir to combine.
- Dice hot dogs and mix them into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the cornbread is no longer soft in the middle.
I wrote this post in partnership with Krusteaz. All opinions are mine.