Mediterranean Party Dip
Last month I shared a fun and healthy breakfast recipe using Friendship Dairies’ protein-rich cottage cheese and their Superfood Generator to come up with a sweet and crunchy cottage cheese breakfast bowl. This month I’m excited to team up with Friendship Dairies again to bring you an amazing party dip for easy entertaining.
You guys. Feast your eyes on this!
Are you drooling yet?
This Mediterranean-inspired party dip is delicious, and with cottage cheese as the base, it’s healthy too.
All you need is a 16-ounce container of Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese, fresh parsley, a bunch of scallions, a container of grape tomatoes, and a package of crumbled Feta cheese. Then you go to the Olive Bar at your grocery store and pick up an assortment of olives, marinated artichokes, and roasted red peppers. Greek Seasoning is great if you have it, or you can make your own with the herbs and spices in your kitchen. (Google is your friend.)
This dip whips up in less than 15 minutes, and there’s no cooking required. You can make it right before you want to serve it or up to three hours ahead of time.
Vibrant, full of flavor, and so good for you, this is the perfect dip to serve with a bowl of crispy pita chips or a plate raw veggies. And since Friendship Dairies cottage cheese is such a good source of protein and long-lasting energy, you don’t even have to feel guilty having more than one!
This is the perfect dish to bring to your next party or to serve as an appetizer at a casual get together, but it won’t last long. You might even want to double the recipe.
Cottage cheese is a great base for so many dishes. If you’re looking for new ways to use this protein-rich superfood, the Friendship Dairies website is the ultimate destination for cottage cheese creativity. With a slew of new mix-in and smoothie recipes, plus their helpful Superfood Generator, their website is the perfect place to learn how to take cottage cheese to new levels.
Here’s the recipe for this Mediterranean Party Dip. If you try it, please let me know how you like it!
- 16 oz Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese (I used 1%)
- 1 TBS Greek Seasoning
- 3 TBS crumbled Feta cheese
- ¾ cup diced grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped (pitted) Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- 2 TBS spicy red pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped marinated artichokes
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
- 2 scallions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, Greek Seasoning, and Feta cheese. Mix well.
- Layer half of the mixture in a small serving dish. Layer ½ of the remaining ingredients over-top and then sprinkle with a bit more Greek Seasoning. Repeat with the rest of the cheese mixture and remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with a bit more Greek seasoning.
- This can be served immediately or it can be made 3 hours ahead, then covered and stored in your fridge.