If you love fresh burgers hot off the grill, you MUST try this recipe for gourmet hamburgers. I adapted it slightly from Ina Garten’s, and it is fantastic. The egg yolks give it a richness, and the Worcestershire Sauce adds flavor. If it’s too mushy to form into patties, you can add some breadcrumbs (I use gluten-free) but don’t overdo it, or it will taste more like meatloaf than hamburgers.
If you eat gluten-free as I do, try these on Udi’s gluten-free hamburger buns! Lightly toasted, they’re more like a kaiser roll than a squishy burger bun, so they hold up well to lots of nummy toppings.
In this picture, I served my burger with Cotswold cheese, red onions (why are they not called purple onions???) and lettuce with a side of red peppers.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- your favorite toppings
- Mix everything together lightly with a fork or clean hands.
- Gently form each hamburger into a patty.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until they are cooked to your preferences. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Rest for 5 minutes and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.