Hot Chocolate Pancakes in a Jar
What’s cuter than food gifts in jars? Right?
For my last recipe of 2014, we’re going out with a bang. Colleen created these tricked-out Hot Chocolate Pancakes! Yes, I said Hot Chocolate PANCAKES!!
These pancakes make an amazing desert or a spectacular special occasion breakfast. The idea came to life with the help of Krusteaz Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancake Mix.
The cool thing is, you can layer the dry ingredients in a jar, tie it off with ribbon, and give it as a holiday gift to any chocolate lover in your life.
All you need is a box of the pancake mix, cocoa powder, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. You can dress up the jars fancy or simple. That is not in my wheelhouse at all; I just like to cook. So bought these cute little gift tags and some twine. Done!
Layering the ingredients into the jar was a bit fussy. I had never done this before. I figured out that using a piece of paper to create a funnel helped me get the ingredients in the right place. Then I just shook them down between each addition to get them to flatten out so they layer nicely.
These make the perfect gifts for teachers or neighbors or friends, and it’s a great project for your kids to help with.
Just write the recipe on the gift tag, or print it out and enclose it in a card. Any chocolate lover will be your friend for life if you gift them with these Hot Chocolate Pancakes in a Jar this Christmas.
Here’s the printable recipe. ENJOY!
- 16 oz glass jar
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 TBS sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Remove the mini marshmallows from the jar and set aside.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into a small mixing bowl and add 1 cup plus 1 TBS cool water. Whisk until fully incorporated and it is the consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat a skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over low-med heat, allow the pan to get hot, then begin cooking your pancakes.
- Once ready to serve, plate your pancakes and trick them out with whipped cream, additional chocolate chips, the reserved mini marshmallows and some chocolate syrup & enjoy!
- You can also simply dust these with powdered sugar.
- Makes 8 1/2 cup pancakes.
I wrote this post in partnership with Krusteaz. All opinions and experiences belong to us.