Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa… OH SO YUM!
I made this Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa for dinner the other night and it was a hit. Such a nice, light dinner for a summer evening!
To make the salsa, I diced a mango, half a red onion, half a red pepper and minced some cilantro. I tossed it in lime juice and salt and pepper and let the flavors blend for about a half hour.
The mahi mahi is from Costco. I bought a bag of frozen individually wrapped fillets. They are the perfect single serving sizes. I used my I Love Meat and Poultry square griddle, provided by GreenPan to grill the mahi mahi. I just salted and peppered it and brushed it with olive oil. Simple.
Then I spooned the salsa over the fish and served it with oven-roasted cauliflower and sautéed swiss chard.
Everyone lapped it up.
Here are the exact measurements if you want to try it.
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi
- 1 diced peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Combine lime juice, mango, pepper, onion and cilantro in a bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook the fish 4-5 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Serve with mango salsa and garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs, if desired.