I made this Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa for dinner the other night and it was a hit. Such a nice, light dinner for a summer evening!
To make the salsa, I diced a mango, half a red onion, half a red pepper and minced some cilantro. I tossed it in lime juice and salt and pepper and let the flavors blend for about a half hour.
The mahi mahi is from Costco. I bought a bag of frozen individually wrapped fillets. They are the perfect single serving sizes. I used my I Love Meat and Poultry square griddle, provided by GreenPan to grill the mahi mahi. I just salted and peppered it and brushed it with olive oil. Simple.
Then I spooned the salsa over the fish and served it with oven-roasted cauliflower and sautéed swiss chard.
Everyone lapped it up.
Here are the exact measurements if you want to try it.
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi
- 1 diced peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Combine lime juice, mango, pepper, onion and cilantro in a bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook the fish 4-5 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Serve with mango salsa and garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
2 thoughts on “Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa… OH SO YUM!”
Thanks for the recipe. I’m making this tonight (right now)! The mango salsa is super yummy!
Isn’t it delish!? So light and summery.