So there’s this little event coming up later this month called the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. You may have heard of it? 🤣
Right now half of you are clapping your hands together in glee while the other half are swearing off all blogs and social media until August 6th, when the earth is once again centered on its axis.
I understand, I really do.
Yes, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is probably over-hyped, and yes, the blogosphere will be saturated with the #NSale hashtag over the next few weeks. BUT. I’ve been told countless times how much people enjoy my coverage, and my stats don’t lie — many of you guys love it as much as I do — so I’ll definitely be covering it (and shopping it, duh!) again this year.
That said, I really try not to over-do it with my #NSale coverage because NOBODY, least of all this summer-loving girl, is ready to dive into fall fashion in July!
That said, despite the fact that summer just arrived in most parts of the U.S., the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is simply THE best time to stock up on cold weather basics and new fall trends. So as your self-proclaimed girlfriend who keeps you in the know about all things fashion, it would be wrong of me to ignore such an epic sale.
Some of you are probably wondering what all the hype is all about, so let’s start at the beginning.
WHAT IS THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
First, let me tell you what it is not. This is NOT a summer clearance sale.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is legendary among Nordstrom customers because we can purchase new fall merchandise at discounted prices before it becomes available to the public. Yes, these are all brand new styles for fall along with some perennial popular products. (HINT: I like to stock up on my favorite underwear during the #NSale because it’s always included.)
This it the time to think about investment pieces and big ticket items (boots, coats, watches, handbags…) as well as some lower priced trendy items to spice up your fall wardrobe. You’ll get to enjoy them for the whole season, AND you get them at a great price.
Because I’m a Level 4 Nordstrom cardholder (shopaholic much? LOL!), I get to shop the sale on the 11th — the day before the Early Access period opens — and then I can bring it all to you bright and early on the first day of Early Access, July 12th!
I will probably be up and posting when the #NSale goes live online at 3AM EST, so if anyone is crazy enough to be up with me (and last year, some of you were!!!) you can get all my insider info before things sell out. And yes, some things do sell out within the first few hours. #crazybuttrue
Trust me, I’m not trying to create some false sense of urgency to get more clicks. I still have people telling me they wish they had snagged a certain handbag or sweater that I promoted during the #NSale last summer and continued to wear throughout last fall and winter, but it sold out before they made up their minds. So yes, it really does pay to shop early.
And yes, some of the products that sell out will get restocked at a later date, and some may even be priced lower than they were during the Anniversary Sale… and people will cluck their tongues and remind us that it’s always over-hyped, but you know what? It may be a gamble, but it’s one I’m willing to take, because every year I score some of my best fall and winter wardrobe staples during this sale.
All that said, please don’t stress out over it — that’s craziness. If you miss out on something you really want, it’s just clothes. Something else WILL come along, I assure you. Just trying to keep things in perspective around here…
Here’s the calendar of events and the dates you may want to put on your calendar.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE
- Sign up for Nordstrom Rewards. With Nordstrom Rewards, you earn 1 point* for every dollar spent in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and HauteLook. If you aren’t opposed to having another card, open a Nordstrom credit card to get 2 points* per dollar when you shop at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club; PLUS you get to shop during Anniversary Sale Early Access. You can also pick your own Personal Triple Points Day(s) and get reimbursed in Notes for alterations. I’m not a fan of opening store cards willy nilly, but if you shop often at Nordstrom, this one is worth it. (I actually have the Nordstrom Visa and use it for my outside purchases as well — it racks up points faster, and it eliminates the need for yet another card.) *For every 2,000 points, you’ll get a $20 Nordstrom Note to spend on anything at Nordstrom.
- Mark your calendar. If you get the credit card, you will also get Early Access to the sale, so put July 12 on your calendar, because that is the first day of Early Access. If you prefer not to have early access, put July 20 on your calendar. They do restock some things that sell out during Early Access, so all hope is not lost. (But there are no guarantees.)
- Subscribe to my blog! If you’re not already a subscriber, sign up to get my emails and keep an eye on my blog because I’ll be putting together a Guide to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale very similar to the one I did last year that I hope will help you navigate this epic sale. I’m already familiar with their brands and pricing structure, so I can let you know what the truly good deals are and what not to miss out on.
- Be sure to follow me on my Facebook page and Instagram. I often post sale alerts and deals I find on my Facebook page before I can compile them into a blog post, and I definitely plan to use my Insta Story to bring you a sneak peek into the #NSale on the Pre-Sale date, July 11th!
- Schedule a Personal Triple Points Day during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and make your biggest purchases that day to maximize your rewards points earning potential!
- Clean out your closet and make a shopping list. If you have access to your fall/winter clothes, go through them and make a list of what you need to replace and what you want to add. I’ll have more tips for shopping the sale when it gets closer, but this is something you may want to start on now. Also remember that the entire store is on sale, including home items, mens, and kids stuff too… It’s a GREAT time to start your Christmas shopping. #dontshootthemessenger
- Tune into my #NSale Facebook Live next week! Yes, I’m bringing Facebook Lives back!!! Next Tuesday, if all goes well, I’m planning to go live on my Facebook Page at 1PM EST to discuss all things Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, so bring your questions!!!
Want a Sneak Peek?
Here it is: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Women’s Catalog. I’ve been looking it over, and it’s a bit underwhelming at the moment, but I know from last year that this is just a snapshot of all the fall inventory they will be bringing out for this sale. There is SO. MUCH. MORE.
From the catalog, I can tell you that balloon/puff sleeves are trending. I think every sweater in the #NSale preview catalog has a version of this sleeve.
I’m not a huge fan of that look becasue I think it adds visual weight, but I guess it depends on your body type. I’ll have to try them before I can make a definite judgement.
I’m seeing a lot of minimalism in the handbag selection — for example, this All Saints leather tote.
It also appears that the circle bag trend is hanging around this fall.
And it looks like one of my favorite handbags — my kate spade pebbled leather hobo — has been reinvented and brought back this fall in four delicious colors. #mustresist
But so far, I’m mostly excited about the shoes and boots. EVERYONE loved my Sam Edelman knee-high suede cognac boots last year, and they sold out pretty fast. They’re bringing them back, and they look very similar. I would not wait around long because I expect these to sell out.
I’m also loving this Blondo bootie, although I believe we’re going to see this boot style with the wider shaft going by the wayside in favor of the sock bootie trend. That said, I predict this style to stick around for a few more seasons because it’s so much more practical and easy to style. For a waterproof suede bootie, this is a REALLY good price.
I’m kind of excited about this Lucky Brand wedge bootie too. I had a pair almost just like these two seasons ago but without the split shaft and they were soooo super comfortable.
The sock booties, though, that’s the direction things are going. I tried a few pairs last fall and finally found a pair I love, but I do find them harder to style with skinny jeans than the Blondo style shown above. This sock bootie lends itself better to skirts/dresses and the wide legged ankle jeans.
I’m also seeing a lot of mules, both flats and heels. I’m totally drooling over these Vince mules, but they may be too high. They don’t have the heel measurement online yet.
There’s also this Rebecca Minkoff pair with a closed toe that’s really fun.
Usually the denim game is strong at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but I’m not sure how this year is going to play out. I’m sure they’ll have a lot more than shown in the catalog, but right now, I’m kind of meh. I’d like to try these Rag & Bone ankle skinnies, but I’m also going to try to break out of my skinny jeans comfort zone and try some straighter styles.
I’d like to try these since they’re cut on the slimmer side.
And I’ll give these boot cropped jeans a try, but I’m pretty sure I’ll hate them. Ha!
And in case you wondered, the Levis comeback is still going strong. Someone in the Levi’s marketing department deserves a raise.
Note all the loafers and mules pictured with these jeans. That is definitely the way the shoe trends are going this year. I can’t say I’m a huge fan, but I’m trying to embrace it.
I didn’t see many coats that had me excited, but I expect this fleece will go fast. These were super popular last winter, and it’s a good price point for a trendy jacket.
There’s also some good activewear and leggings — this Alo hoodie has my name written all over it. I love this brand. It’s pricey, but such good quality.
There a lot of good buys in intimates and beauty as well, but this post is long enough, dontcha think?
For not really liking this catalog, I sure found a lot of things I want to try. #occupationalhazard
I can’t wait to see what else they have this year, and I’m so excited to get in a day ahead so I can share the best styles and deals from the sale and report back on quality and fit, and YOU can avoid the madness and shop from your living room couch as soon as the sale opens.
I know it seems like sales these days are a dime a dozen, but this truly is one not to miss. Stick with me, kid! I’ve gotcha covered!
As always, when you shop through my affiliate links, I make a small commission, but it doesn’t cost you an extra penny. Just consider me your virtual stylist!!!
$300 Nordstrom Gift Card GIVEAWAY
As a way of showing my appreciation for you all (and let’s face it, reading to the end of this post, haha!) I’m giving away a $300 Nordstrom Gift Card to one lucky winner, who will be chosen on July 10th — just in time to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access on July 12th (or the 20th if you’re not a card holder)!
I so appreciate your continued readership, encouraging comments, and basically allowing me to do this blog as a full-time job. I realize I wouldn’t be able to do it without all of you, so I want to do something to show my gratitude and bless at least one of you in a tangible way.
This giveaway is just me, myself, and I. No long list of people to follow. It’s my way of saying THANK YOU and giving back to you all. I’m not promoting it heavily on social media; I really want this gift card to go to someone who is a regular, faithful reader and JLS community member.
As usual with my giveaways, you can enter through the Rafflecopter widget below. There are multiple entry methods available; none are required, but the more ways you enter, the greater your chances of winning. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older, and this contest is open worldwide.
The winner will be announced next Tuesday, July 10th, in my Tips for Shopping the Anniversary Sale blog post, so be sure to check back to see if you’re the lucky one!!!
Don’t miss a post!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive exclusive newsletter content like special sales, my newest favorite finds, and an occasional peek behind the scenes — all delivered right to your inbox. Don’t miss it!
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, it helps support my business (at no additional cost to you) so thank you!