This recipe came from friends we met in the church we first attended after we got married. It is easy, but it looks fancy, so it’s a great dish to serve for company.
I love that I usually have most of these ingredients in the house. I’m sure you could use fresh herbs, but it calls for dried, so that’s what I use because it’s so easy. It also doesn’t require that you pound or dredge your chicken or any of that nonsense.
The sauce is a simple mixture of sour cream and white wine. You can thicken it with cornstarch, if you have it. I like to serve this dish with a side of mashed potatoes and a salad.
Herbed Chicken RosÃ©
Delicious and easy chicken dish — perfect for company or an ordinary family dinner.
- 2 Tbsp flour (I use gluten free brown rice flour)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp basil
- parsley, chives, thyme to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay is my preference for this dish)
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large stainless steel saute pan over medium heat.
- Mix flour, garlic salt and paprika together on a dinner plage. Dredge the chicken on both sides with the flour mixture and place in saute pan.
- Brown chicken on both sides, about five minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Add wine around the chicken, without washing off the herbs. (Make sure to pour a glass for yourself!)
- Cover, reduce heat and and cook slowly until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove it to a serving plate and cover with foil.
- Thicken the pan juices with the cornstarch/water mixture.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spoon over chicken and garnish with a sprig of fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve with a salad and mashed potatoes and a glass of that Chardonnay.
2 thoughts on “Tried and True: Herbed Chicken Rosé”
Okay, that sounds just incredible! Thanks for sharing!!!
:::Looks like we were commenting on each others pages at the same time…as I posted mine, I got an email with yours, LOL:::
This sounds really good! I’m so glad I checked your blog today – I checked out Trista’s from your link and decided to join the Tasty Thursday! Thanks!
Comments are closed.