Hello June! The air is filled with delicious BBQ smells, kids are roaming around neighborhoods on their bicycles, chalk drawings are decorating sidewalks and driveways, pools are opening, graduations are happening and gardening is on our minds!
It’s Colleen here today to share with you one of my favorite things about Summer…BBQs!!
What is better than a BBQ, I ask?
The kids have fun hanging out, swimming and playing outdoor games. The adults have fun playing rounds and rounds of cornhole, horseshoes and maybe a pick-up wiffle ball game with the kids. There is fantastic food and drinks a’plenty! The drink I look most forward to is a well-made Sangria. When it comes to drinking wine by the glass, I go for white, however when it comes to Sangria – I only have eyes for a red!
Here is a wonderful crowd-pleasing Berry Sangria recipe that is easy to make, which is key when you are having a gathering. An awesome cocktail at a party is always great BUT often the same someone has to keep making them again and again. I opt for fun cocktails that can be made in advance and are self serve.
Like I said earlier…there is nothing better than a BBQ!! Whose with me??
Need some BBQ inspiration? Here.You.Go!
- The Best Mojito Recipe
- Make Ahead Frozen Chambord Margaritas
- Watermelon Salad Stuffed Peppers
- Tequila Avocado Salsa
- Spicy Baked Beans
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Spicy Grilled Mushrooms
- Grilled Tuscan Lemon Chicken
- Gourmet Hamburgers
- Salmon Sliders
- Ice Cream SAM-Wich Cake
For even more BBQ recipes & decoration ideas, check out these Pinterest Pages: Summer Recipes & Backyard BBQ Recipes & Ideas!
And now for the berry sangria recipe. . .
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 750 ml liter bottle of Shiraz
- 750 ml bottle of Merlot
- 1/2 cups Blackberry Brandy
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup Chambord
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- Lemon, lime and orange slices, halved
- To make the simple syrup, combine the sugar and water in a medium pot and cook over med-high heat just until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the simple syrup with the remaining ingredients in a large pitcher (or pot or beverage server) and stir well. Chill until ready to serve. Serve over ice.
Prefer a white sangria recipe? We gotcha covered there too!