15 Minute Pasta Meal w/ Asparagus, Tomatoes & Bacon
This 15-minute pasta meal is perfect for springtime because it uses fresh asparagus and grape tomatoes. And of course, bacon makes everything better.
I’m always looking for quick and easy dinners for those busy weeknights when we are rushing from meetings to music lessons to sports practices. It’s so easy to get into a rut, so I asked Colleen for some new ideas. She came up with this pasta dish that you can seriously whip up in less than 15 minutes.
Pasta is always popular in my house. We don’t have it often because I’m usually low-carbing it, so whenever I make a pasta dish, you’d think I’d offered to take the kids to Disney World. This dish can be made with gluten-free or regular pasta. It’s totally up to you.
Don’t skip the capers. They add a burst of flavor that takes this dish from ordinary to excellent.
Here’s a handy printable for your convenience.
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 stick butter
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS garlic, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion
- Kosher salt (if needed) & pepper
- 2 TBS of capers & 1 TBS caper juice
- 5 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a deep sauté pan. Add oil and garlic, cook 1 minute. Add wine, lemon juice and chicken bullion. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add the asparagus pieces and continue to cook until asparagus is done to your liking (depending on thickness of asparagus, 5-8 minutes).
- Add capers and juice. Taste, adjust flavors if necessary.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta, and add the bacon. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.