Today let’s chat about my favorite fashion topic . . . handbags!
For years, now, big totes and roomy handbags were the style of the moment. But right now trends are shifting towards the smaller bags. If you’re a mom with young kids, you definitely will need to keep a few larger bags on hand. But this trend is coming at the perfect time for me! I no longer need to carry the kitchen sink when I go out so I’m happily embracing the smaller handbag trend!!
Clutches are great for a night out or a luncheon with girlfriends. A clutch is sleek and elegant.
For day-to-day wear, I prefer a crossbody because it’s a more casual look and it allows me to have my hands free.
Here are my top picks at a variety of price points to suit almost any budget.
My Top Ten Small Handbag Picks for Fall 2014
1. The Sak Kentra Leather Crossbody, $69. I love this for a casual everyday bag. There are a slew of color options to choose from.
2. The Sak Ventura Crossbody, $84. Another one by The Sak — this is a great casual crossbody bag for everyday, and it comes in a variety of colors.
3. Fossil Explorer Mini Crossbody Bag, $85. You can’t go wrong with Fossil, and this bag is perfect for everyday use or for travel.
4. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Classic Q – Percy’ Crossbody Bag, $198. This one’s on my wish list. I love the “faded aluminum” color, and I also love it in “cement.” Either would go with everything in your closet, and this bag can easily take you from day to night.
5. Kate Spade New York ‘Cobble Hill – Ellen’ Leather Crossbody Bag, $190. This bag is a nice mid-sizes crossbody, and it comes in 4 luscious colors. I simply can’t choose a fave!
6. Rebecca Minkoff ‘MAC’ Convertible Crossbody Bag, $295. I’ve had my eye on the Mini MAC for a while, but this is a larger version, better for everyday use. It comes in a TON of colors, and some are even on sale so poke around!
7. Tory Burch ‘Marion’ Leather Crossbody Flap Bag, $395. I love this for a casual daytime bag. It also comes in navy. This is obviously an investment piece, given the price point, but if you are one to carry one bag all the time, this one is a great pick.
8. Halogen ‘Date Night’ Asymmetrical Flap Clutch, $98 – perfect for date night or a glamorous night on the town! I love the sparkle detail and the bold blue trim.
9. Glint Metallic Tweed Clutch, $88 – love the combination of tweed and metallic for an elegant but edgy evening bag.
10. Leopard Clutch.
A leopard clutch is super on trend right now. It jazzes up the simplest of outfits. I NEED ONE, yo! Here are two options I found.
ALDO Gadoni, $25. I KNOW! For $25, how can you go wrong!??
Did I say two? Well, here’s one more.
Menbur Leopard Print Minaudiere, $58. A minaudiere is so classy. I think I need this.