Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Have you ever made a Breakfast Pizza? If not, I have a delicious and easy breakfast recipe idea for you.
Hi! Colleen here today with one of my family’s favorite meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Everyone loves pizza… right? We all have our favorite flavor or topping, but this Asparagus, Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pizza is about to become your new favorite.
Breakfast pizzas are wonderful for a few reasons. First, they are easy… especially if you buy the pizza dough. Let’s talk about that for a second. I am a skilled cook. I can easily make anything I want. However, sometimes cutting corners is spot on, like buying my pizza dough. I love popping into my local pizza place, asking for a couple disks of dough, and knowing I can do anything I want with it over the next 24 hours. It costs me $2.50 per disk, and it’s better than anything I’d whip up since, ya know… they make it for a living. No mess this way either. What’s not to love?!
If you want a gluten-free option, you can purchase pre-made gluten-free pizza crusts in your grocer’s freezer section. Jo-Lynne LOVES the Against The Grain brand of pizza crusts.
The second fabulous thing about making Breakfast Pizza is that you can customize it any way you want. All four of us love the combination of cheese, asparagus, bacon, and eggs, so that is what I normally whip up. However, think sautéed spinach, broccoli rabe, leeks, shaved brussels sprouts, scallions, sausage, hash browns, etc. You can do whatever you want, or half this way and half that way. I like that – still one dish, but made to order.
And the yolks running over-top of it all… oh… my… gosh! SO delicious!
I don’t put too much cheese on my pizza, but you can if you prefer it more cheesy. I use a mix of cheddar and American cheese since that’s what my kids like best at the moment. It’s a meal that everyone can and wants to eat… in my house, that’s gold!
In fact, last week I said to my son, “Hey are you in the mood for a Breakfast Pizza?”
His face instantly lit up like a Christmas tree, then he gave me his best soul piercing gaze and said, “Mom, do you even have to ask?! I always want that!”
With arms open wide, I said, “Come over here,” and folded his getting-taller-by-the-second-
Do you have a favorite Breakfast Pizza combination that you enjoy? What is it? I’d love to try something new.
Let me know if you try this out!
- 1 batch of fresh pizza dough
- olive or grapeseed oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 16 thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup cooked bacon or pancetta, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Shape your pizza dough into one big pie or two smaller ones, and place it on a lightly floured pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive or grapeseed oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Toss your asparagus with a small bit of oil just to coat them, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and place them on the pie in a star-burst pattern, stems in the middle and tips fanned out.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (for a whole pie) or until your pie crust begins to turn golden, then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile (with a few minutes to go before you pull the pizza out) cook your eggs sunny-side up, one at a time in a small egg pan until they’re about 60% cooked. Slide them gently onto a plate.
- Place the eggs and bacon onto the pizza, season the eggs, and pop the pizza back into the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Slice and serve.