While we’re in Maine, Colleen has whipped up an absolutely drool-worthy cookie recipe for you. One of our favorite things to do in Maine is build a campfire by the lake after dark, roast marshmallows, and make s’mores. In fact, that is what we have on the agenda for tonight, if the weather holds out. So I figured, what better time to share a S’mores Cookie Recipe!??
Forget lighting a fire on a hot summer day to get the s’mores taste you crave. Instead, make these fun s’mores cookies with mini marshmallows, chunks of Hershey chocolate bar, and crushed graham crackers.
Want to turn it up another notch or two? Slide a disc of ice cream between 2 cookies, and make yourself a S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich. Now we’re talking about an awesome summer treat!
Simply slice off sections of a pint-sized container of vanilla ice cream in rounds for ice cream sandwich centers.
Here’s a printable recipe for you.
And for another fun summer treat, check out this homemade banana pudding from my friend Vera!
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ lb butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 10-oz bag mini marshmallows
- 3 Hershey bars
- Vanilla Ice Cream in pint sized containers
- Bring the butter to room temperature before making cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add the dry ingredients; stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes (if you refrigerate for longer, allow the dough to warm up a bit before scooping).
- Use a small cookie scoop or two spoons to drop 2-ounce cookies onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven for eight minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour marshmallows into a bowl for easy access and break chocolate into bite sized chunks.
- After the cookies have baked for exactly 8 minutes, remove them from the oven and quickly press 2-3 marshmallows and three chocolate pieces into each cookie.
- Return the cookies to oven to bake for an additional two minutes, or until marshmallows are melted and lightly brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven. Let them sit for 2-3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For ice cream sandwiches, simply slice rounds from a pint sized vanilla ice cream container and place each slice of ice cream between two cookies.
5 thoughts on “S’more Cookies + Ice Cream Sandwiches”
I can honestly say, this is everything. Everything summer all rolled into one. Thank you!
Yikes from me, but my children thank you! (ha)
Ha. I know. I gain weight just LOOKING at these pictures!!
OMG Jo-Lynne these cookies look amazing!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂
My kids, who by the way are young adults (19 & 21) that still live at home lol, love cookies and I love baking so we are trying this recipe this wknd!
BTW enjoy hearing about your Maine vacation. Try to share as many pictures as possible. I’ve never been there but it’s on my bucket list, your pics give me a virtual tour lol!
Enjoy your day 🙂