Tuscan Tomato Onion Salad #RealFoodRecipes
One of my favorite things about spring and summer is fresh tomatoes, and this Tuscan Tomato Onion Salad is a fantastic way to enjoy this iconic summer fruit. (You KNOW tomatoes are a fruit, not a veggie, right?) Not that it matters… whatever they are, they are tasty and nutritious.
Easy to make and refreshingly light, this is the perfect spring or summer salad to grace your dinner table. You can whip one up in minutes for a colorful creation that tastes just as good as is looks. Here’s a handy printable recipe for your convenience!
- 1 pound of cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound of yellow or golden tomatoes
- 1 small, white onion
- 3-5 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse tomatoes, onion, and basil leaves well; set on a towel to dry.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and yellow tomatoes in quarters; place in a bowl.
- Add the white onion, chopped fine.
- Roll basil leaves lengthwise and slice thin to create a julienne; add to the bowl.
- Mix in the dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Allow it to rest for 30-60 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve as a side dish to your favorite summer dinner or as an appetizer with toasted crostini.