Grilled Marinated Shrimp & Zucchini Noodles
One of our favorite treats in this house is shrimp. It is the one thing that I know will be a hit every time with all five of us. I often make Linguine with Shrimp Scampi but I decided to lighten it up a bit and grill it this time. Of course, grilling requires a delicious marinade, so I turned to my good friend, The Barefoot Contessa and her recipe for Grilled Herbed Shrimp.
In keeping with my attempts to eat a more paleo-friendly diet, I decided to make zucchini noodles in lieu of pasta. I love my spiralizer. For $29.99, you can’t beat it.
It was the perfect light, summer meal. Here’s the recipe.
- Grilled Marinated Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp (12 to 15 per pound), peeled and deveined, tail on
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Zucchini Noodles
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour them over the shrimp in a big bowl.
- Let them marinate at room temp for an hour or two. (Alternately, they can marinate in the fridge overnight.)
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on a side or just until they turn pink.
- Meanwhile, use the julienne peeler to make zucchini noodles.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and mix it around for 5-10 minutes or until it’s cooked through.
- Serve immediately.