Game Day Recipe: Honey Sriracha Wings
Did you know that Americans
devour eat over 1.5 billion chicken wings each year on Super Bowl Sunday??
That’s 100 million pounds of wings!
Annually Americans eat over 25 billion wings! The thought is mind-blowing!
Hi, it’s Colleen here today, and I personally know quite a few people who help make those numbers a reality (and I am sure you do too.) My husband, for one, is always on the hunt for the next great wing! Besides the original Buffalo Wing, his favorites are Cajun (I make a mean Cajun Chicken Wing… just sayin‘,) Asian, and his newest obsession… Honey Jalapeno, but he says these Honey Sriracha Wings are right up there!
When it comes to wings, you can bake them, grill them, or fry them. I save the frying for when we are out… I will let someone else get their fry on. At home I usually grill ’em, and they are always a crowd-pleaser!
If you’re looking for a new flavor chicken wing to try for this game day or any day, you must try these Grilled Honey Sriracha Wings. You may just lick a finger or two or ten… but definitely not a billion!
Happy Game Day!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 TBS melted butter
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 TBS to a 1/4 cup Sriracha (depending on your heat preference)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Preheat your grill to med-high heat. Toss wings in the melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill wings for 15 minutes, watching them to ensure they do not burn and that both sides get a bit of a char.
- Combine honey, Sriracha, and vinegar in a small bowl; whisk until fully combined.
- Remove wings from the grill, coat them with the sauce, and return to the grill for 5 minutes, basting as needed with additional sauce. Remove from the grill when done and enjoy!