Raspberry Margarita Recipe
Hi! Colleen here today with some really good news…well, good new as far as I am concerned, anyway! Tomorrow is National Margarita Day…Woot!!
That means it’s almost against the law to not have at least one margarita!
Did you know that there’s a website devoted to celebrating National Margarita Day on February 22nd every year? They actually have over 10K Facebook followers that will globally be having a margarita (or 6) on Sunday… strange but true!
Speaking of margaritas…salt or no salt? How do you like your margarita?
A traditional margarita is a treat, of course, but today I’m sharing MY favorite margarita recipe…a raspberry margarita…made with my favorite liqueur, Chambord.
Chambord lends such a delicious flavor to cocktails, sangrias and chocolate. I use it all the time…the people at Chambord should know me and love me (hellooo, anyone listening?). I use it in everything from cookies to cocktails.
When I am out and want to order a margarita, I always ask for a Chambord Margarita. 25% of the time, my server/bartender gets it. Half the time, they have no clue what I am talking about. The rest of the time, they give me a margarita AND a shot glass of Chambord, side-by-side, lol! So, I just take a huge sip of my margarita and pour the Chambord in, and it’s heaven in a glass. Trust me!
Here is a printable recipe, for your convenience.
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 1-2 ounces Chambord
- 1 ounce Triple Sec (optional)
- 1 ounce simple syrup (or limeade)
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Lime wedge
- Kosher salt
- Combine Tequila, Chambord, Triple Sec, simple syrup, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker or in a tall glass; shake or stir to combine.
- Fill a margarita glass (or any glass) with ice, and pour in the cocktail.
- Garnish with a few raspberries and a lime wedge.
- If rimming the glass with Kosher salt, simply dip the rim of the glass in water, then dip it onto a plate of Kosher salt. Cheers!
This recipe is for a Chambord Margarita on the Rocks. However, if you prefer your margaritas frozen, check out my Frozen Chambord Margarita. It’s of my top 10 most viewed recipes.
Salt or no salt, frozen or on the rocks, let’s all raise a margarita this Sunday and toast to how fabulous we are…Clink!!