I had some mahi mahi from Trader Joe’s in my freezer and decided to try something new. I went online and discovered this recipe for ginger glazed mahi mahi and decided it was exactly what the doctor ordered!
It’s super easy to put together and only requires 20-30 minutes of marinating. Then you just return the marinade to the pan to create the glaze at the end. SO EASY!
I served it over rice with a side of sautéed swiss chard.
Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi
Recipe Type: Main Dishes
This Asian flavored fish is nutritious and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root (I keep this in my freezer and take it out as needed)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and a tablespoon of olive oil in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Salt and pepper the fish filets, and place them in the bag.
- Seal and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fish fillets for 4 to 6 minutes on each side; reserve marinade.
- Place fish on a serving plate.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the skillet; heat and stir until it thickens to the right consistency.
- Spoon the glaze over the fish, and serve with rice and a veggie.