Deviled eggs is my go-to picnic potluck dish, and these bacon cheddar deviled eggs are always a hit. With summer just around the corner, there are sure to be lots of backyard gatherings that call for the perfect deviled eggs. I hope this recipe tempts your tastebuds!!!
I got the idea from Mary at Giving Up On Perfect, and I’ve adjusted her recipe a bit to suit our tastes. Make sure to double it when cooking for a crowd. My son can down a half dozen of these puppies at one sitting.
First you dice a few slices of bacon and fry ’em up till they’re nice and crisp and happy.
Remove the bacon bits from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper towel while you prepare the eggs.
Prepare your cheese; I usually shred my own cheddar because it’s cheaper and it tastes so much better. But feel free to buy a bag of shredded cheddar if you like it!
In case you need it, here is a fool-proof recipe for how to make the perfect hard boiled egg.
Once your eggs are boiled and peeled, you can slice them lengthwise and carefully scoop out the yolks into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Smash them with a fork and then add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and the bacon bits and shredded cheddar. Mix it all together.
Place the egg whites in your favorite deviled egg dish or on a serving plate. Then, using two spoons or a cookie scooper, spoon the egg yolk filling into the whites. If you want to make them prettier, put the egg filling into a freezer bag and cut off the corner of the bag and pipe them into the egg white halves. One of these days, I’ll try that!
Dust the deviled eggs with a bit of paprika and garnish with pickles or tomatoes or whatever your heart desires!
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, diced and fried till crispy
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- paprika for sprinkling
- Fry the bacon, shred the cheese, and hard boil the eggs.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise, scoop yolks into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and place the egg white halves on a serving plate.
- Mash the egg yolks and then add the bacon, cheddar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves, and dust with a sprinkling of paprika.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.