One Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole
I’m going to interrupt the fashion fest we’ve been having here on the blog lately to post this mouth-watering one pot chicken and rice recipe that Colleen has concocted for us. This one-pot chicken and rice dish is creamy and comforting! Plus, one pot. YAY!
If you use a rotisserie chicken, you can have this dish ready in 20 minutes. I usually prefer to cook my own, but if you’re in a rush, picking up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store can be a great time saver. Pair this dish with a nice salad, and you have a delicious and nutritious weeknight meal!
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for new easy recipes that my family will enjoy. I’m definitely adding this to my menu plan this week.
P.S. You can actually serve this one pot chicken and rice casserole straight out of the pot! There’s no need to scoop it in a fancy casserole dish. Less dishes to wash. Score!
Here’s a printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Jasmine or Arborio rice
- 1 cooked rotisserie-style chicken, shredded (or see notes below)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet with deep sides or a dutch oven, heat the oil and butter until hot but not browning.
- Add the carrots and onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté for 7-8 minutes or until they begin to brown and caramelize. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more, stirring the whole time.
- Add the wine, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add the broth and bring back to a boil.
- Add the uncooked rice. Stir, cover, and simmer until the rice you chose to use is done.
- Turn off the heat. Add the shredded chicken, parsley, and Parmesan.
- Season liberally with salt & pepper. Taste & adjust.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with additional parsley and Parmesan. Serve immediately.