Quick & Easy Donut Muffin Recipe
This quick & easy donut muffin recipe is a family favorite, and they are super easy to throw together. You can make them regular or gluten-free.
I made these at my daughter’s request for her birthday breakfast last week. Although the photo above is of the gluten-free version, the original recipe was not gluten-free, and you can make them either way.
These muffins are super easy to throw together. It’s the nutmeg on the inside and the cinnamon topping that give them that donuty taste. Then you dot the tops with butter . . . mmmmm . . .
Pardon my old muffin tin.
These donut muffins made for one very happy birthday girl!
I often make these muffins to take to church for coffee hour, and they always go quickly. They’re also nice for kids’ school parties — not quite as sweet as cupcakes but still a crowd pleaser!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups flour (for gluten-free, I recommend Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- cinnamon sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with a fork.
- Add milk; blend.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until just mixed.
- Add the cooled coconut oil and stir until everything is blended; don’t over mix.
- Pour into 9 papered muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each with cinnamon-sugar; dot with butter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned on top and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Get more delicious gluten-free recipes!