I love eggs in any way, shape or form. They’re actually quite nutritious, no matter what the health police might want you to believe. See my post, The Incredible Edible Egg for more info on why you should feel free to eat eggs every day if you want!
I love quiche and frittata, but sometimes I don’t want to wait for them to cook. Also, the rest of my family isn’t as much of a fan as I am, so I often end up with a lot of leftovers… not that I mind. But these little egg cups are nice single-serving sizes that you can refrigerate and heat up and take on the go when you have a busy morning or need a quick lunch. These have been a LIFE SAVER on my 21-Day Sugar Detox.
You can put anything you like in these egg cups. I used leftover steamed broccoli from dinner and shredded cheddar. Here’s what they look like when they come out of the oven.
Yum, right??? Here’s a printable if you want to print the recipe for future reference.
Also, check out Lady & the Blog for a similar recipe with bacon!
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- ½ cup steamed or roasted broccoli florets, chopped (this is a good way to use up leftover broccoli from dinner)
- 2 ounces (½ cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion or scallion, finely minced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and Lawry’s Seasoned Salt.
- In the bottom of the muffin cups, layer the broccoli, the cheese, and the minced onion. Then add the egg mixture to fill each muffin cup about ¾-full. If you want, you can stir them up a bit with a fork to incorporate the cheese and veggies into the egg mixture.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool. Serve warm or cool completely and refrigerate for later. Reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast.
Want more recipe like these?
GET MY COOKBOOK!!!!
The Everything Gluten-Free Breakfast and Brunch Cookbook is ON SALE NOW at Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.