These delicious cinnamon muffins are so easy to throw together that I make them frequently. They’re a popular request with my family, and I often make them to take to church potlucks and things of that nature because they’re always a hit.
Easy Cinnamon Muffins
Recipe Type: Breads, Breakfast
Serves: 12 muffins
Delicious cinnamon muffins loved by kids and adults alike!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (you can use half white and half whole wheat if you prefer, but no one in my family complains as long as I get the whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar (sometimes I use sucanat, and no one seems to notice a difference)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- cinnamon-sugar mixture for topping
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the milk and blend thoroughly. Add dry ingredients (except cinnamon-sugar topping) and mix well. Add the oil last, stirring to combine.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups and sprinkle the tops generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: plenty Fat: who cares?
13 thoughts on “Tried and True: Easy Cinnamon Muffins”
OH MAN! We are muffin addicts in our house! I can’t wait to try this recipe this weekend!
So would reg whole wheat flour instead of pastry flour work well?? Or would you suggest just getting the pastry flour.
Pastry flour is lighter than whole wheat, so if you want to use whole wheat, I’d probably use half white and half whole wheat, just to be sure they aren’t too heavy.
Oh, I must make this!!
These sound easy enough, but where do you find pastry flour? For a recipe I had awhile back, I looked everywhere in this area, but it was no where to be found and when I asked people, no one had ever heard of it.
Hi Lee Ann. Sorry for the delayed response. I always see whole wheat pastry flour in the organic flour section. Or you can probably order it online. This is the brand I usually get.
We’ll try these for sure, we have muffins every Monday for breakfast:-)
I’m pretty sure my kids would love these.
Thanks for sharing the GF version! 🙂
Jo-Lynne, I woke up this morning wanting to make cinnamon muffins, found your recipe, and whipped these up. We love them! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
YAY! glad you liked them!