These delicious cinnamon muffins are so easy to throw together that I make them frequently. They’re a popular request with my family, and I often make them to take to church potlucks and things of that nature because they’re always a hit.
Easy Cinnamon Muffins
Recipe Type: Breads, Breakfast
Serves: 12 muffins
Delicious cinnamon muffins loved by kids and adults alike!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (you can use half white and half whole wheat if you prefer, but no one in my family complains as long as I get the whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar (sometimes I use sucanat, and no one seems to notice a difference)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- cinnamon-sugar mixture for topping
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the milk and blend thoroughly. Add dry ingredients (except cinnamon-sugar topping) and mix well. Add the oil last, stirring to combine.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups and sprinkle the tops generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: plenty Fat: who cares?