Peach Rhubarb Crisp
I totally cheated with this “recipe”. I saw some fresh, locally grown rhubarb at the farmer’s market and I was craving something… anything with rhubarb! So I bought it without any idea what I was going to do with it. Usually I mix it with strawberries for a pie or crisp, but I didn’t have any berries in the house.
Then I spotted one lone jar of Grandma Hoerner’s Spiced Peach Pie Filling in my pantry from a blogging promotion a while back. I had used her apple pie filling to make a gluten free apple pie, but I never used the peach. It had been sitting there, waiting for a moment such as this!
I washed and chopped my rhubarb.
Then I threw it in a mixing blowl with the peach pie filling and stirred it up.
I made a quick crumb topping, placed it in a baking dish, and cooked it until it was golden brown on top. My kids went gah-gah for this rhubarb peach crisp! We topped it with homemade vanilla ice cream. YUMMO!
- 1 jar Grandma Hoerner’s Spiced Peach Pie Filling
- 3 stalks rhubarb, washed and diced (about a cup)
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used gluten free)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter + 1 tsp for greasing the pan
- Mix peach pie filling with diced rhubarb in a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Pour rhubarb-peach filling into a buttered 9×9 baking dish.
- Assemble the crumb topping by mixing the dry ingredients together and then cutting the cold butter in with 2 knives or a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle crumb topping on top of the filling in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.