Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
I tried this Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar recipe for the first time last fall when I hosted our neighborhood Bunco game. These were SUCH a hit. I put a little candy pumpkin on the top of each to make them look especially festive, and also to give the guests a hint about what the bars contain. This is a TEENY TINY photo of my desert plate. The pumpkin bars are on the right.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.