Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
This Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes recipe is another from the book, Practical Paleo, that our family is enjoying these days. Mine turn out very thin, almost like crepes. In fact, I like to roll mine up and eat them like this.
The batter is quite simple, basically egg and pumpkin with vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice for flavor, a bit of baking soda, and maple syrup for sweetener. YUM!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP butter or coconut oil
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, syrup and vanilla together.
- Sift cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda into pumpkin mixture.
- Melt butter on stove and blend into batter.
- Spoon onto hot griddle. (Go small; batter is thin and will spread).
- When they start to bubble, flip for another minute.
- Serve with butter and powdered sugar.