This recipe was inspired by Ina Garten, aka the Barefoot Contessa.
Tried and True: Linguine With Shrimp Scampi
Serves: 5 servings
This is a delicious meal that comes together quickly. It’s perfect for company or for a special family dinner.
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 pound linguine (I use gluten free)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil over low heat in a large saute pan
- Add the garlic and saute for just a minute. It burns quickly.
- Add the shrimp, a teaspoon of salt, and the pepper.
- Saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, plate it and top it with shrimp and sauce.