Happy Mother’s Day to all of you mommas out there! Today I have something for you that miiiight make your Mothers Day a bit more…ummm, shall I say, relaxing?!
How about the Ultimate Bloody Mary Recipe?
When you are going to indulge in a Bloody, I say, “Go big or go home.” After all, that’s what they are all about, right? Big, explosive flavors.
These Bloody Marys are bursting with flavor and spice, thanks to a horseradish kick and a few splashes of Tabasco, but you can easily customize them to suit your palate.
I think shrimp lightly dusted with Old Bay seasoning hanging on the glass, in the glass and on the side is a must! But then again, I could eat shrimp for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think THAT is what I will do for myself this Mother’s Day — a shrimp fest!! With a side of Bloody Mary, lol! Honey…kids…are you listening?
- 16 oz tomato juice
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS lime juice
- ½ TBS Worcestershire sauce
- a few shakes of Tabasco
- 1/2- 1 TBS prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons of pickle juice
- 1 tsp olive juice
- 1 tsp pepperoncini juice (optional)
- a few shakes black pepper
- ½ a teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 4-6 ounces of good quality vodka
- Garnish ideas: Pickle spear, celery stalk, green olives (plain or stuffed with blue cheese), shrimp, pepperoncini, lemon slice or a lime slice.
- Wet the rim of two (16-20 oz) glasses with a piece of fresh lemon. Then dip the glass rims into a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning (shake it onto a flat dish).
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Fill glasses halfway with ice.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a separate pitcher or container, stir it up well, and then pour mixture into your cocktail shaker, one batch at a time. Give it a good shaking to get it nice and cold, then pour the contents into your prepared glass.
- Slide in a pickle spear or stalk of celery, a few Old Bay seasoned shrimp, a couple of big fat olives, and you are good to go. You can also add a lemon and or a lime slice, and if you’re feeling crazy a whole pepperoncini…Yum!