Who is feeling festive? As they say…everyone is Irish on St Patrick’s Day!
Hi! It’s Colleen here today with a boozy treat for celebrating all things Irish!
To keep it easy, I simply made mini cupcakes with my favorite boxed brownie mix, dipped them in a chocolate ganache, and topped them with Bailey’s Irish Cream Buttercream frosting.
If you want, you can even make your own Irish Cream. I did, and I used it in this recipe. You won’t believe how easy, inexpensive, and delicious homemade is compared to store-bought!
Depending on how intense of an Irish Cream flavor you want, you can choose to make the brownies according to the box directions, or substitute the water portion with Irish Cream.
I like to under-bake them just a bit to give them a more gooey center, but that’s up to you.
Irish or not, however you are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year… Sláinte mhaith!!
Irish Cream Brownie Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Colleen Kennedy
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
Serves: 36 mini cupcakes
For the Brownies:
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (or homemade brownies)
For the Ganache:
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 3 TBS cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 TBS Bailey’s Irish Cream or homemade Irish Cream
- For the Irish Cream Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBS very soft butter
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream or homemade Irish Cream
- Make your brownies according to your box’s directions.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees or until done to your preference. For this, I like them just a little gooey in the middle. Pop them out of the pan, and allow them to cool.
- To make the ganache, break up your chocolate squares into a small sauce pan, add the cream and butter, and stir over medium heat until smooth. Turn off the heat, and add the Irish cream, stirring until smooth.
- One by one, dip the tops of your brownies into the ganache; place on a cooling rack to allow them to set.
- For the Irish Cream frosting, combine the powdered sugar, butter, and Irish Cream in a small bowl; stir until smooth but not runny. If dry, add additional Irish Cream. If too wet, add a little more powdered sugar.
- Scrape the icing into a small pastry bag or plastic baggie (snip off one small piece of a corner) and ice each brownie in a zig-zag pattern.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips, festive sprinkles, or both. Enjoy!