Are you ready for an EASY weeknight dinner recipe? I am so excited about this! I picked up some kielbasa from my local butcher planning to throw it on the grill, but when I got home, I decided to Google for another idea. I came across this recipe for Kielbasa & Pepper Pasta and decided to make a gluten-free version. Everyone LOVED it. My husband requested that I put it on my monthly meal rotation.
In the time it takes to boil a pot of pasta, you will have dinner on the table!
It took me about 5 minutes to prepare the peppers and onions.
Then I sliced up the sausage.
Then you just sauté the peppers and onions for about 5 minutes in olive oil or butter. Add the kielbasa for another 4-5 minutes until it’s lightly browned and cooked through.
While they’re cooking, you chop up some fresh herbs. I had parsley and sage on hand from our CSA.
Then you just throw it all together, along with a handful of shredded Colby Jack cheese. Serve it over linguine (I used Notta Pasta). With a side salad, you have a complete meal in just minutes!
- 8-12 ounces linguine (gluten free or regular)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1.5 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used sage and parsley)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, sauté peppers and onion in butter or oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage; cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss vegetables, herbs and sausage with hot linguine and cheese.
- Serve with a side salad.